• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case 420ct problems

equip guy

Occupation
Ag and Construction Equip mechanic
we have a case 420ct track machine that has 700hrs on it. It is a little over 2 years old. We bought it new. I like the machine, it has pilot controls, hyd bucket coupler, heated cab and I believe the Iveco engine. At 200 hrs I had a bad front right track idler which got repl under warranty, then this fall with only 500 hrs I had to repl the stock tracks due to tearing (operator error on jagged concrete) I replace with new Camoplast ones with tighter tread pattern, now had the other side front idler with abad bearing and excessive play on the half moon stops that rest on the yoke edge. Has anyone here had any problems like this with a relatively low hour useage. We are very thorough with maintenance and care, just seems like a lot. Almost $3000 in parts in last 6 months. Thanks for any replies.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Track machines take more money in maintainence, poor operating habits make that even worse. If you have not yet, I would speak to your CASE dealers service manager. Sometimes CASE will have a program to correct problems that come up. I dont know if there is one for the part that failed but you could check.