• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 330 off road truck

Dave Neubert

Anyone out there have any experience working on the transmission it is stuck in reverse and it is a internal problem would like to know what tranny it has HHD00319 Vin #

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hi Dave,

guess the Case 330 got a ZF 6WG 260. On type plate something with PL 4646 066 xxx.
I'm afraid tranny has a seized reverse clutch.
Check pressures on control valve or possibly feel pressurized hoses to clutches.
Does oil smell burnt? Oil clear or with debris?
If you need more details let me know. Can share via email.

Dave Neubert

the electronics and hyd. have been emanated so I figure the clutch pack is seized up I don't have machine at my shop yet. Case had it and charged him 12,000.00 dollars to tell him he needs a new transmission, the machine only has 6200 hrs Case wants 50,000.00 to replace it. I found a rebuilt one for 24,500.00. I have been told that you don't want to go in to it they are nightmares to build. I have not found anyone willing to go in to it to just repair what is wrong with it at 6200 hrs I would think it should not be in to bad of shape unless it grenaded

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Did you contact a ZF Dealer yet?
Usually a reverse clutch failure is not a big damage internally. Discs, possibly the carrier and bearing to exchange.
The labour is more money.
12 000 for analysis is far too much money.

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
yep, usually great company. At least the guys in Fort Myers. :eek:)