• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1845c Mulcher/Bush Hog

firecatf7333

I'm looking at buying a 96 1845c with unknown hours. I do light earthwork and general "bobcat" work, like grading, mowing dirt, post holes, etc. I'd be buying a grapple bucket for loading firewood, and my dad had an auger for his bobcat so hopefully that will fit. A trencher would also be a good attachment to get since i could get some more work with that. I've really only been looking at Case 1845c's b/c most on here have said there a good reliable machince in my 10k budget range. Can you put a Bush hog or Mulcher attachment on an 1845c? I know you can add High flow, or is this not neccasary? I would like to do bush hog and small mulching/ trail/very small land clearing.

thanks

xcmark

Occupation
construction
most brush hog decks will run fine on 15 gal per min flow , they do make high flow brush hogs so make sure you match the flow to you machine. the mulching heads require more HP and high flow with very good cooling system so I would say that mostlikely not going to work on a low flow machine.

firecatf7333

I figured the Mulcher Attachment would be too much for an older 60 hp skid steer. Would i be better off adding high flow and buying a high flow bush hog? How thick brush or tree can a brush hog take down?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
You can add high flow to the 1845C after the fact. However I would not try mulching with that machine. It was designed before anyone ever thought of putting a mulcher on a skid steer. The high flow will give you better performance on a trencher or rotary mower. The aux flow on the 1845C is pretty marginal compared to current machines (around 17 gpm if I remember correctly). Most rotary mowers spec about 3" material as their max cutting ability, some do claim more depending on brand.