• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1845c blew left side forward drive hose

joshs

Anything special I need to know before changing a blown left side drive hose on an 1845c?

I ordered a new hose from Case and have cleaned everything around the fitting area as best I can so I can be sure to not get any dirt or anything into the system.

Is there any bleeding procedure, or just full the hydro fluid back up and start running the machine?

Thanks!

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Good that you have thought to clean the area around the hose.
Clean the inside of the new hose, clean the fittings before you remove the old hose, fit the new hose with plugs fitted, if you have them, to be sure no dirt enters the hose during the fitting.

Idle it up when all fitted, it will prime itself as JPenner has already instructed.

Oh, did I mention clean?:rolleyes:

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
Glad to see that you didnt just get napa to make you a hose. alot of times they cut the hose with a chop saw and little steel and rubber bits end up in the hose, not good for wheel motors. Sometimes they have a foam bullet they can shoot thru, but a case hose is the best option. Clean, clean, clean, and clean again, leave the plugs in as long as possible, swap hoses, check the fluid and drive.

J Penner

also if you remove any orb fittings dont use cheap soft orings you'll have continuous leaks then,use only a good quality hi psi oring for hyds no less than a class 8

74inchShovel

I like to run the machine with the wheels going on blocks for a few minutes, there is bound to be air in the looped system and its best if it is purged under as low a pressure as possible.

joshs

I got the new hose on today and ran it for about 2 hours with no apparent issues. If contamination is introduced, will it usually take out the pump in a short period of time?

melben

Occupation
Retired 50 Yrs with Case dealership
The damage is done immediately, any abrasive scores the commutator plate, the cylinder block and the piston shoes.

Mel

joshs

Good deal. I must have kept it clean enough then. I've put about 5 hours on it now with no issues.