• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1845 wheel spacers

hdm

Well..dropped one of my chains early on. After fixing some of the body panels to insure clearance, figure best to just bite the bullet on spacers to avoid any damage to expensive chains (ANY MORE DAMAGE lol). Picked up 2" wheel spacers (CAMSO) today to put on the rear end this weekend. Have to fix flat on my one rear tire as well..which means pull it off and take to tire guy Saturday morning. I'll post a few pictures as i do the spacers, although figure most of you have experience, someone might find useful. Very heavy duty construction on the spacers... they will definitely make the chains manageable and keep them away from frame edge.

Price on spacers not too bad... got them in Toronto (picked them up from the distributor). Much cheaper than trying to get them shipped.

Cheers,
Hayes

mountainlake

Occupation
sawmill operator
On my 75xt I just turned the rims around for clearance with chains, don't know if the 1845 the same rims. Steve

hdm

Hi Steve, i remember you mentioning that. These chains are pretty heavy duty, and maybe my inexperience in mounting them not so helpful :)

Mine are already in the 'out' position... i have ~2.25" to 2.5" clearance (depending on how clear my glasses are and how steady my tape measure hand was lol). The extra 2" clearance will make putting them on easier to my mind, and will be very helpful in insuring they don't touch anything (the chains that is).

I paid 275 dollars CDN (205 US dollars).. including the crazy 13% tax we pay on everything, for the spacers. For me it's insurance from wrecking the chains which cost me twice that amount.

Anyway, love the chains, look forward to mounting these spacers tomorrow after getting a new tube in my one rear tire.

Plus, i get that staggered look that was so popular on performance cars :)

cheers,
Hayes

Last edited:

mountainlake

Occupation
sawmill operator
The 75xt has about 5" clearance with the rims turned around, either more offset in the rims or the hubs stick out farther than the 1845. Steve

phil314

Occupation
Instigator of Choas
Very interesting. I run chains on my 1845c and there isn't much clearance. I've been considering wheel spacers so I can try a set of snow tires.
Those wheel spacers are very different from the ones I've been looking at.
I'm curious, do the spacers give you enough room to get to the axle grease zerks?

hdm

I had ~2.5" before, now 4.5" clearance. I didn't consider the axle grease zerks, but will take a look see this weekend for you. The spacers are strange looking... but they are super solid. CAMSO sold them to me..they make the SOLIDEAL tires and do OTT tracs as well etc. Will get back to you this weekend sir. cheers!

hdm

Very interesting. I run chains on my 1845c and there isn't much clearance. I've been considering wheel spacers so I can try a set of snow tires.
Those wheel spacers are very different from the ones I've been looking at.
I'm curious, do the spacers give you enough room to get to the axle grease zerks?

I couldn't tell what ...i didn't clean up the hubs externally...frozen dirt there now :(... where is the zerk located? That being said, if it's on the side of the bearing housing, should be accesible. I'll see if i can clean up a bit and find this weekend. I just got a new grease gun (milwaukee 18volt)... man that thing is cool to use..at least the first few grease nipples :)

cheers,
Hayes

phil314

Occupation
Instigator of Choas
Grease zerk is on the side of the axle housing toward the outer wheel bearing end (behind the wheel).
My manual grease gun takes at least 3 hands to use.
With an 18v one and wheel spacers, I'm guessing you could get to them.

climb.on

I've got wheel spacers and I can get to the zerks as long as the tracks aren't on it. I have a 2 handed gun :) Got rid of the 3 handed POS last year!