• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case 1845 fuel stop cable (diesel)

hdm

My cable bust...so i need a new one for my 1845. right now i have cable for choke on lawn mower lol..it works, but is falling apart already... Looking at price for case one, i'm wondering if there is aftermarket instead.

180 US (250cdn) for a cable like this is not realistic.

i saw company called worthingtons..and may just check specs and buy a cable to make it work..knowing it will be much stronger than the one i put in place for now..

but 250 bux for a cable like this?

Your thoughts are truly appreciated,
Cheers,
Hayes

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
You can probably buy a generic choke cable for $20 at your local auto parts store & that will work just fine ;)

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
The parts store cable is fine but if you go to a truck parts service dept., they'll have a heavy duty generic one..
Mack trucks come to mind first or IH.. lots of pull cable shut-off applications on those 2..

hdm

Excellent. I'll look for the heavy duty generic...i i can pull the thing to stop, but have to manually push back in place form beside machine to start again at this point. We were happy paying 13 cdn for the fix...but looks like heavy dudty is definitely in order. Just not Case's idea of heavy duty :)

cheers!

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
You could also add a small spring to help it to the run position..

Took some digging on FleaBay but finally found one of the Mack shutdown cables. Right now bids are under $10.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MACK-R-Mode...ash=item211f5a80ad:g:6hYAAOSw5cNYi9la&vxp=mtr

I see that they don't ship outside of US. You could try contacting a Mack Truck dealer, maybe in Toronto? If they don't know how to find a part number let me know and I could give you a serial number off one of our old trucks a work.

Just found a bit of a problem with this new software, when I first posted this message then went back to add some information I had trouble finding it as for some reason my own posts do not seem to show up as "new posts" and I had to go to "recent posts" to find it.

Last edited:

DIYDAVE

Grainger can get you a generic truck throttle cable, new, for about 10-15 bucks, you just have to know the length and what ends are on it. There are others on the innernut, that can supply the same, for about the same price...

62oliver

some motorcycle shops have the gear to make cables for clutch or brakes on bikes, that would work too, lots of options