• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case 1840 skidsteer

cec271

I am trying to open the machine to work on hyd lines. I have removed the front bolts but understand there are two in the back. Can anyone help?

Thanks

koldsteele

Occupation
Owner Heavy Equipment Mechanic
There are 2 bolts in the back ..Also undo your linkage for your boom and bucket controls ..Throttle control must be undone too,Then the cab is on rollers and will roll forward ...hope this helps ..

melben

Occupation
Retired 50 Yrs with Case dealership
If you navigate the opening menu you will find a section strictly on skid steers, there are many knowledgable people over there.

The two rear bolts are located up in the corner of the roll cage.

The rollers on the cab tend to get trashy with dirt , clean that area as good as you can and it takes a little effort and some prying to get the cage to move, there are also park lock springs to disconnect and the wiring unplugs, and your drive linkages at the pumps. A trained tech can do it inside an half hour but you'll have to feel your way through it the first time.

Imblesd2

I’m in need of a hydraulic hose diagram from the hand controls to the lower separated valve for self leveling 1993 1840 can anyhome help me please.