• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1494 fan belt replacement

jdch

Hello, I have a Case 1494 tractor that just lost its fan belt. After looking at the tractor it appears that I have to remove the hydraulic pump to install a new belt. Does anyone know if this is true or is there an easier way? I have the service manual but it does not discus this. ty

John Shipp

Occupation
forestry contracting
Got a vague memory of doing similar on something (used to run a 1594), does the drive to the pump have a bolted section or a rubber drive coupling? Seem to recall creating a gap in the drive and squeezing the belt through...

jdch

It has a bolted section that appears to be one piece through the hydraulic pump. I have tried to separate but there has been no movement ty

John Shipp

Occupation
forestry contracting
If you poke a light in there and get a photo, it might spark off a better memory :)

Joe H

If it's a V-belt you can replace it with a link belt without removing the pump.

Serpentine, no.

Joe H