• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case 1450B

I recently bought a case 1450 dozer and after one hour of work it won't turn seems to loose hydraulic pressure. has anyone had this problem? if anyone would know where I can get a pressure tester for this model the case dealer doesn't have one and don't know what to do. need help anyone. aloha

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
How are you turning the dozer? Are you using the brakes or the trans control levers? When you are going straight does it veer to one side or keep straight. I'm thinking the problem could be in sealing rings on trans shaft. Oh BTW I've had 40 years of working on Case equipment.

when turning I put one in high speed and one in low. it goes straight when in same speed. it works perfect when cold and will work fine for an hour

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Ok good, are both tracks affected or just one? If both tracks are affected then you probably have a trans pump issue. What is torque converter temp and pressure?

not sure what temp is but trans pressure drops after an hour. both tracks are affected. I have the dozer at allied machinery right now but they do not have a pressure tester for a dozer of this age and they said they can't get a pressure tester I even offered to pay for it.

Coy I am stuck and really appreciate the post to help me should I let allied machinery just tear in to the trans without any test.

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
No don't do that yet. A quick and dirty way to test the trans pump is take the line loose from the trans filter back by the batteries and hold your thumb over the hose fitting while you have someone crank the engine without starting it. If you can hold hour thumb on the hose without getting a bath then the pump is probably bad, if you get a bath lol then the pump is good and then yes have someone look at it.

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Damn me too lol. You pay way for wife and I and we'll be there Ha Ha. What Island BTW.

we are on Hawaii island, the big island. if I paid your way with your wife and you stayed with myself and my wife and you fix my dozer. I pay for all parts and be your goffer something to think about lol.

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Sorry I haven't been responded to your message. Another thought occurred to me. Can you take a photo of trans valve and send to me? Email papac44@hotmail.com. There is a modulator valve in the trans valve that may be causing the problem. And we can talk about me coming out also.

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
I was thinking of that also but there isn't much in specialty tools that I'd need except pressure gauges and when I come I'll try and send them ahead of time. It's alright about pics I looked it up on line to answer my own question.

just a thought would you be willing to sell you gauges or rent them. I don't have the tools to do the job so I am stuck. if I brought you over and found we have to pull the trans I would have no means of doing that

2 more pictures to follow

Attachments

• 1450b.JPG
    1450b.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 1450b2.JPG
    1450b2.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 1450b3.JPG
    1450b3.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 1450b4.JPG
    1450b4.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 52

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
just a thought would you be willing to sell you gauges or rent them. I don't have the tools to do the job so I am stuck. if I brought you over and found we have to pull the trans I would have no means of doing that
If you have a place that makes hyd hoses they can make you a 1/4" hose that can stand 600psi. The trans only uses about 300psi. Then you can buy a 600psi gauge. As far as renting my gauges that is an option I'll have to come up with a price and get back to you.