• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1450B (mid 80s?)fuel system issues

GEOD998

The BOSCH P# for the HP is> 2 447 010 038 and comes w/ a gasket..
Try "DCPCART.com" click on "industrial" on the left hand side.. its 10.00 [aftermarket]
I replace them 100% on an overhaul and have 100's of used ones.. BUT I wont be back to work till next week or 2..

thanks for the info.Sweet price and I assume you've had good luck with them. Since you are a pump guy, I have to ask-do you happen to know of a hand primer that will work on a V-8 Mack('85 998cu in)? I have a mack Magnum here, and its a little tuff to get started after she sits a while. There is a plug in the "v" of the fuel pump where a primer should go. I cant think of the pump name at the moment abac? ambac? abscam :)?its the v shaped one with 4 inj port per side. Sorry for going off topic moderators, but I just had to ask-George

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
American Bosch [AMBAC] and Robert Bosch {Bosch] are 2 different companys..
I DO have the P# of the HP for the V-8 but not off the top of my head.. But.. I DO remember they are NOT cheap..

GEOD998

American Bosch [AMBAC] and Robert Bosch {Bosch] are 2 different companys..
I DO have the P# of the HP for the V-8 but not off the top of my head.. But.. I DO remember they are NOT cheap..

Sounds right, nothing for that engine has been cheap yet:(. Any after aftermarket available I wonder? What would the fundamental difference be in any of the hand pumps/primers? to a layman such as myself, they all seem to operate the same and look the same...other than thread size/count. Anyway, if you find that part number at some point let me know-if you'd be so kind. many thanks for all your help-George

GEOD998

OK finally got my hand primer and copper washer. I do NOT have the other gasket though-the one that looks like it fits into the bottom of the handpump assy its item 19 part# A45342 in the online Case construction catalog. Does anyone know if that is supposed to be an o-ring ? or could be replaced by an off the shelf oring? if so, any idea of what size? Cant really tell from anything I have here. Cant believe I missed that. Thanks-George

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Found the HP# for the Ambac V-8.. MP404760.. $59.05 list price from Ambac

Are you talking about the oring seal between the glass bowl and the body?

GEOD998

thanks for that ambac HP#-No, its not the fuel bowl gskt ,the HP looks to have a copper gasket where it screws to the casting and they show a o-ring looking gasket down in the hole (bottom of the HP threads)where the HP screws into the small casting attached to side of the inj pump (same casting which the small fuel bowl attaches to the bottom of). I see a diagram that shows the HP screwing directly into the top of the inj pump also, but mine is on the side screwing into that separate little casting which is bolted to the side of the injector pump. Hope that makes sense -thanks