• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1085B Lower shifting cables.

BabaLoui9696

Hi. Could anybody provide some pictures showing how to route the lower shifting cables from the bell crank to the transmission ?I tried different ways but they all seem they are going to be tangle on the drive shaft. Also checking the whole repair manual but no images available. I thank you in advance for any help.

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
I remember these being a pain in the ass to route, getting them far enough out of the way and they wouldn't reach. If I remember we ended up welding pieces flat steel with a hole drilled in the end to tie wrap them to so they were out of the way.

BabaLoui9696

Thanks Old Timer and gggraham. I do have the manual but it is not help at all for this matter. The cables run straight down from the transmission and then as gggraham said they become a pain. Would love to see if anybody that owns a machine like mine just could go and snap some pics .I've been working on the electrical too. I had the collector ring taken apart and rewired, but something funny happens: when the machine is on the travel position everything works fine but if I turn the machine to the work position I can't neither start or stop the engine. I was thinking maybe the brushes are worn out or the shifting cables are pulling and setting the neutral switch off . Any ideas?

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Have you tried going to travel mode and work mode in different positions? I know that commutator ring can get bad spots in it. Swing 90 degrees and try it. I wish I had wiring diagram to help you but it's long gone.

old timer

Occupation
field mechanic
I know the electrical swivels can be a pain, sounds like a brush spring is loose, or you have corrosion on the brushes.
Also VERY important to line up the brushes with the ring.
For the lower cables, I seem to remember installing a bracket to the trans to hold them in place.
I have seen a lot of them just hanging there
Hope this helps