• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cas1155E

chansey

Occupation
Retired Project Engineering Manager
Hi all from New Mexico

Need a little help with a 1989 Case 1155E.... master link broke on RH side.

Dealer says, "that chain is Case specific". The master link is not the alligator (tooth) type, rather it is more like a wave. Seaching the net, I found one that is similar...http://www.hl-parts.com/products/track link.html D6D in the pic

Anyone know who else makes this link? Can anyone recommend where I can find one for my loader? Books says the pitch is 6.687"

Any chain interchange with other crawler-loaders or dozer. Chains are near the end of their life. Loader has new 5.9 Cummins, 4 in 1 bucket and rippers....overall in good condition, too much machine to give up on it.

Thanks--Paul in Rio Chama, NM

Last edited:

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
It might be worth checking with your loacal Cat dealer, as they sell undercarriage components to convert other brands to Cat undercarriage. Goes under the name of Nexus, I believe. It won't be cheap, but it leaves you with a usable machine.
Also see if you can find a Berco distributor, an aftermarket supplier.
Try Googling undecarriage suppliers too. Good luck with the case.
Alan
try this one...
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source...GhgSDq_DACAAAAKoEBU_QXSdq&fp=1df4639b9e375fe6
and
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=unde...=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=7ddfbd1aaabbde68
Nexus search results
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source...IzQSkqOHgBgAAAKoEBU_Q9P-o&fp=1df4639b9e375fe6

Last edited:

QuickTrax

chansey, I am not showing any other chains fitting your machine. Yes, some machines do have the same chains under them but all of my information shows this machine having its own chain. The aftermarket# for the SALT chain is CA681/40. You can get aftermarket masterlinks for your chain as long as you don't have the Case OEM chains with the rolling bushings. The Master link #'s are CA686 and CA687 these are for the left and right side and will include both ends of the masters. They will probably have a different tooth pattern. If you want the same tooth pattern, you need to call the manufacturer of your existing chain. Don't let Cat fool you. Nexus is a korean chain just like many of the other aftermarket chains. The only difference is the Nexus cost quite a bit more.
Good Luck, Quicktrax

chansey

Occupation
Links-a--Lot

Thanks for the replies.

Obtained a little more info today....here goes. Info may help others.

Trek makes a master link to fit my chain (877-487-6326)---no stock.

ITM is the OEM manufacturer for Case chains. Talked to Cheryl (800-544-9297) and gave me Case production part #'s 131628A1 and 131629A1. Called local dealer--waste of time. Called Case directly, and they could not ID parts. Called ITM back and they said they would get the issue straightened out with Case. Got a call back from ITM and said Case book numbers were 199944A1 and 199945A1. Price from the dealer is $425.48 each half. Case is proud of their Master Links.

Earlier yesterday I had tried to locate the Berco parts CA686, CA687 and master bushing CA688. No one had a complete master link. Got a Berco Rep in Washington (Olympic Tracks 253-845-0707) to work with me since I could not find a complete master link. He suggested replacing the master with a new link and pins to get the machine going. He got everything for me for $125.00

BERCO admitted that they were caught off guard by not restocking inventory. They held off because of the economy. The lead time for my parts was 60 to 120 days....geez, how does that help anyone. I believe I made the right choice to get me out of my predicament.

I called Schaffer (800-626-6046) to see if they had a set of tracks, because $1500 will get you a pair with 50 to 75% life left in them. He was sold out, but sold me a carrier roller for $50.00.

Ok, since 1155E tracks are specific to the loader, what is the possibility of changing out the sprockets and using a more common chain that is in the L40 group. Would not have to change anything else. You guys are more knowledable in this area, please give me your opinion.

There are always methods for a work around. I had thrashed the bearings on the RH final drive and was faced with a galled axle end where the inner bearing goes. Even used, the axle was $950 to $1200. Bearings and spacer were another $800 from the dealer. Found new bearings at Talon Bearing Surplus in PA. The bearing ID on the inner bearing was 3.25". They were able to find me an exact bearing with a ID of 3.00". Local shop turned the axle for $200. My total repair cost was less than $400.00

Again, thanks for the input

chansey

Occupation
Links-a--Lot

Thanks for the reponses.

Have a little more info that may help others as well.

TREK makes a master similar to mine (877-487-6326)—no stock.

ITM Manufacturing is the OEM for Case. Talked to Cheryl (800-544-9297) to ID the Master Link I needed. She gave me parts #’s 131628A1 and 131629A1. ITM sells after market product, but not OEM. Had to go back to Case. Case could not ID parts. Called ITM back and they said they would get the issues resolved. ITM called back and gave me Case book numbers 199944A1 and 19945A1. Called dealer and they wanted $425.38 for each half. Case is very proud of their Master Links.

I had called Berco to obtain the CA686, CA687 and Master bushing CA688---none had a complete set. Lead time was 60 to 120 days. Talked to Berco rep at Olympic Track in WA (253-845-0707) to get me going because master links were not available. He suggested installing a new link and pins. He set me up with all the parts for $125.00.

I called Schaeffer Equipment (800-626-6046) to see if they had a pair of tracks for my loader. They usually have a set with 50-75% of life for $1500a pair. No luck, but I did get a top carrier roller for $50.00.

Since the 1155E has an odd-ball chain, what is the possibility of changing the sprockets to a more common L40 chain group and installing a different chain assembly? Nothing else would have to be changed. You guys know a lot more about this than I do. Give me some alternatives. I will have to change-out the chains fairly soon.

Again, thanks for your input.

Last edited: