• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Can't believe so man don't have rotating carriage!

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
While looking at machines I never thought so many don't have a rotating carriage. I use mine to juggle the load some times. Then if something is not sitting level how do you grab it?:eek: I find it invaluable. Thoughts or you run a machine without that option?

JDMGrading

All our gradalls don't have that option. Our pittiful Cat TH63s have it though.

Its really not all that bad. If you really need some angle you can tilt the whole machine left or right.

Speedpup

Occupation

Its really not all that bad. If you really need some angle you can tilt the whole machine left or right.

yea but that may not be enough at times and it takes longer.

albertozordan

It's not the same thing at all!
By the way we're noticing an increasing request of rotating carriage telehandlers. Maybe people has discovered how good they are!

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I think this is the ultimate rotating "carriage". I had the opportunity to ride up in the man basket attachment of one of these at Connex a few years ago, very interesting machine.

Attachments

• mrt2150.jpg
    mrt2150.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 612

albertozordan

Oh, so you're from Alabama! How're things over there?
I was there a couple of weeks ago and I noticed a lot of large squares full of unsold machines.

It was quite scaring!

Lugghead

I think this is the ultimate rotating "carriage". I had the opportunity to ride up in the man basket attachment of one of these at Connex a few years ago, very interesting machine.

This thing is almost a RT crane. Just add a winch line and you're there.........

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Oh, so you're from Alabama! How're things over there?
I was there a couple of weeks ago and I noticed a lot of large squares full of unsold machines.

It was quite scaring!

Work is extremely slow as it is everywhere else. There is alot of equipment sitting idle and for sale. The dealers have overflowing inventory on both new and used machines. You can get a great deal on a machine right now the problem is there is very little work for it.:(

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
This thing is almost a RT crane. Just add a winch line and you're there.........

Looks like they make some sort of attachment.

Attachments

• mrt1742.jpg
    mrt1742.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 527

barklee

I have been trying to buy one of those Manitous for years and can never find one cheap. I ran one about 3 years ago and fell in love. They make wireless remotes, man basket, winch, pat system like a crane, they will do pretty much anything. The only problem is they are very big (not maniverable) and heavy about 40000 lbs i think

Speedpup

Occupation
I have been trying to buy one of those Manitous for years and can never find one cheap. I ran one about 3 years ago and fell in love. They make wireless remotes, man basket, winch, pat system like a crane, they will do pretty much anything. The only problem is they are very big (not maniverable) and heavy about 40000 lbs i think

with them rotating I think you would need a crane liscense here in NY?