• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Canada to US import question

Chopper95

Not super log related, but..... I know we have a lot of Canadian and PWN members floating around and may deal with this time to time.

Curious if anybody on here has dealt with bringing a heavy duty on-road truck from Canada into the US, or more specifically sourcing a replacement US EPA Label if one is missing?

Truck is a 1997, nothing crazy, has a plain jane C12 Cat in it but no EPA Label.

Worth the hassle, total pain in the butt or not a big deal to get a new one?

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
We had to get engine cert tags for volvos to place by the machine serial tag. It was a big bunch of horsecrap and they were built in America but the tags had to come from Sweden. I don't know if Cat is any better at this, but it sucked for us.

Plebeian

EPA are the rule makers.

2011. Caterpillar did not put labels(and emissions equipment) on the engines even when the engines were new.

The re-reman stuff.

lg junior

I bought a log truck from a dealer in Canada. Series 60 not a single tag anywhere on the motor or truck about emissions. The computer was also wiped clean of any related info. So I don't know if it's needed or not. Been a few years ago and the EPA hasn't come knocking at the door.