• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

can someone steer me in the right direction?

ftb

looking for this exact type of track system for this same model CAT. this picture was takin over seas. anyone know of any manufactueres that make this for this size machine? Thanks guys

Attachments

• intermat314ce.jpg
    intermat314ce.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 655

ftb

I guess i wasnt that clear. what i am looking for are not bolt/clip ons but the actual chain style track pads. thanks

RobVG

Occupation
17 excavators and a stewpot of other stuff
I guess i wasnt that clear. what i am looking for are not bolt/clip ons but the actual chain style track pads. thanks

You might want to rephrase that again. Except for mini's, I haven't seen any track pads that don't bolt on. Sure looks like four bolt holes in the picture.

ftb

if you look clearly at picture above there are no steel track gouchers that the pads are bolted to its all one unit (chain style track pad.

Hendrik

if you look clearly at picture above there are no steel track gouchers that the pads are bolted to its all one unit (chain style track pad.
For one thing the picture is not very bright but I adjusted it and they are almost certainly bolt ons, like ATCO said.
It may be possible to replace the steel track pads with the rubber type but why would you want to?

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
if your thinking that a hard rubber pad is going to save a driveway when you run over it with a 315, you need to re-think your thoughts. Fact of the matter is that alot of driveways are built to withstand occasional use by personal vehicles under 5 ton. With rubber pads, you might not scratch the surface, but sit and dig on it and you will have it all cracked up. Your better off to just leave the tripple steel grousers on it and put old tires or conveyor strips down when you wanna cross a driveway.

You have to remember, your 38,000 pounds not 3800.

Asphalt/Dirtman

rubber tracks on a 30-38k excavator HA. Your excavator would destroy "rubber band" tracks.
Steel baby, STEEL.

Pads on steel are fine. But you do not want rubber style tracks.

Blacksmoke07

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
These are bolt on pads, and j/w why not the bolt on style?

RKO

I bought a set of bolt on rubber pads for a 200 size machine a few years ago.
They work OK as long as you don't try to turn the machine or if the machine skids on the pads. If that happens it just tears them up. After wrecking many of the pads I just gave up on them and use old tires. They are cheap and will stand up better.

Hendrik

I bought a set of bolt on rubber pads for a 200 size machine a few years ago.
They work OK as long as you don't try to turn the machine or if the machine skids on the pads. If that happens it just tears them up. After wrecking many of the pads I just gave up on them and use old tires. They are cheap and will stand up better.
I guess if you are just traveling across sensitive areas (like bitumen or concrete), tires would be alright, or matting but if you have to work on sensitive surfaces then rubber pads would be the go.

diggerman57

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
If you go to cat's website you can find those tracks. I forget what they are called, but I believe that they bolt directly to the chain. In other words, they don't bolt through a steel pad to the chain, just directly to the chain. They claim to give you the best attributes of both steel's strength and rubber's soft treading.