• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

can I turn my huge box into a dumpbox.

92b16si

Hey I currently haul chicken and cow manure to my orchard. I wanted to see if I could turn my box into a dump becuase its a real pain in the butt to unload. Its kind of big though. A local mechanic told me could be done just need to dump the bags before. And keep bushings tight. Box is 6.60mts long, 2,30 wide. And 2.50 high. I was thinking of adding a third airlift axle for stability when I unload.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Take a look structurally at the beams under the box which ride on the truck frame. Often they are not as heavy on a box built to set rigid on the frame. You may have to add a heavier channel under the existing one if you add a hoist. Sounds like a neat project. Good luck.

92b16si

Yeah Box needs heavier rails and support beams. Just a bit scared the box might be too big and flip the truck over.

lantraxco

Line the bottom with a poly liner sheet, helps the load slip out. Add a vibrator or two. Or you could build some sort of ejector setup to push it all out the back rather than tip the bed up. Just throwing ideas out there.....

92b16si

I wanted that ejector idea, like those silage trucks but j have no idea how they work and im in mexico so not to many of them outhere. And I really hate unloading with a backhoe or FEL in my tractor takes about 1hr to unload

crash935

Occupation
Co-Owner of Lakeland Transportation
Have a walking floor installed

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

92b16si

How do those work. Or where can I have one built I need it in mexico. I originally wanted something like that.

crash935

Occupation
Do a internet search for Keith Walking Floors. The do have a facility in Mexico.

92b16si

Would a drop axle help keep it balanced when dumping. Unless I can find those walking floor for cheap.

Old Doug

All the axles in the world wont keep you out of troble if you try to dump in a bad spot. If you are on level soild ground and your load dosent hang up you you should be ok.

fixou812

Occupation
Millwright Equipment Mechanic Welder
Most walking floors are aluminum which makes them expensive. At land fills walking floors replaced pushers because pushers would bow the sides of the trailer. You wouldn't save money fabrication either one.Garbage haulers here in the USA would be selling their pushers to replace with walkers since that ram is so hard on the sides. You may find a used pusher with bowed sides cheap.

fixou812

Occupation
I've repaired plenty of both. Small time outfit pusher Big wheels walker $

fixou812

Occupation
If garbage wants to bow the sides of a pusher
and manure is denser than garbage it may want to bow more.
But generally a walking floor would need more maintenance $
Than a pusher.

fixou812

Occupation
You may be well served with a dump and make sure it doesn't tip.
don't know but im thinking guy cables.

crash935

Occupation
Have a couple old containers with walking floors installed which helped keep costs down.

Depending on what you currently have for a box you may be able to use your box and just have a floor installed.

crash935

Occupation
Start with the Keith dealer in Mexico.