• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Can I haul a 322 on my lowboy?

jimson

I have a two axel lowboy. Tag on it says capacity is 70,000 lbs. I am trying to figure out if i can haul a Cat 322 size machine. I think they weigh about 55k lbs. Empty weight of truck and trailer is 32k lbs. I will be over 80k and will need a permit for that. Question is will the axel weights work out? I appreciate any advice i get, dont want to learn this the hard way.

Drc

22 metric tons? 44,000 lbs?

Many of the excavator number designations relate to weight in metric tons in some way.

A 200 size hoe is 20 Metric tons, a Takeuchi 135 3.5 metric tons?

DirtHauler

Occupation
Heavy Highway Dirt Hauler
Your overweight permit will require you to submit axel weights you would like the permit for. You should be able to get permited for that amount of weight on that trailer unless there is something out of the ordinary. Make sure you have accurate measurements of your axel distances and tire sizes before you talk to the DOT.

Hawkeye

In Iowa you will be over axle weight. With the over weight permit, you still need the required axles for the weight you are carrying over 80 k. I have a 320C and a 324D and need a 3 axle trailer for both. Some 320N will work on a light 2 axle trailer, good luck

Dullus

I am sorry, I did not answer for the above question, but I have a new question and I hope some one will advice me.
I NEED TO MOVE A DEAD 320c (ENGINE DAMAGED) MACHINE ABOUT 100 METER AWAY, ANYBODY ADVICE ME, THAT HOW TO RELEASE THE TRACK MECHANICALLY (for exsample in 245D we can pull out a pinion from the track final drive side, then the machine will move freely)