• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Can extra hydraulics be added to a case loader????/

lenray

I have a Case W 14 Payloader--it is a 1975. There is one hyd. lever for the boom and one for the bucket. Can another unit be added so that I could run one two way hyd. cylinder. Also on these old Cases--are the hydraulics OPEN or ClOSED systems.

MICHIGAN LEN

Jim D

Occupation
equipment operator
Open center directional control valves.

Buy a W-14 with a third valve; it's much easer and cheaper...

lenray

Open center directional control valves.

Buy a W-14 with a third valve; it's much easer and cheaper...
Are you saying buy a complete different machine or get a unit from a salvage yard that has three valves.

lenray

Or use an electric 6 port diverter valve in the bucket lines.
I tried to google the --electric----is --electric the brand name or does it work with volt electricity from the batteries---confused here and not sure of what to buy and how to install...............

lantraxco

Mike Van

Len, I thought about adding a 3rd valve to my old Trojan, just to run a top clamp for logs with my forks. The easiest way I saw [have not done it yet] is to add a 12V pump, like a snowplow set up but for 2 way cylinder. It'd be an intermittent duty thing, 500.00 I guess, but much easier than tearing apart the existing valve set up. Just looking at the size of the hoses on my valve, I know I can't just plumb in a 3rd valve unless it's the same size without messing up the overall performance.

Jim D

Occupation
equipment operator
If you only want limited (third valve) function (not simultaneous use), buy a four-way-six-port-two-position electric solenoid actuated valve, and put it in the bucket curl hydraulic circuit. Half inch port valves run a few hundred dollars. Three quarter inch valves run near a thousand dollars. If you can accept limited hydraulic flow and limited function, go for it...

Last edited: