• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Can anyone tell me which hose to switch on a 2004 JCB JS160?

jdp8402

I want my controls like a Deere, I think. Left side boom and spin, right side bucket and stick. I tried searching last night but couldn't come up with anything.

Thanks,
Jeff

shopguy

Do it at the first connection in the hoses after they leave the pilot valve before any other valvethere should be some markings
if not hold the hose and let somone flip the lever and you should feel it jump to sort them out

uffex

Good day Sir
We would recommend as shop guy you make any change at source, in real terms there is less risk to problems an the chance that some valve may be between your source and receiver is unlikely. There is no advantage to a change behind the cabin. If you are the only operator fine but may we recommend the inclusion of a window decal if other operators may use the machine.
Kind regards
Uffex

jdp8402

Thank you guys for the help. I had a JCB dealer call me back and it turns out mine is supposed to have a switch that changes between ISO and SAE. The rocker switch is gone for some reason though. So I'm going to order a new one and hopefully it works.