• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

can anybody tell me the correct way to remove the fuel injectors in a 310 c john deer

chuck jacobs

Occupation
structural ironworker
tractor has been sitting, and i want to make sure that no water got in through the exhaust. want to remove injectors,crank engine over a few times, too blow any water out of the cylinders. drain engine oil and replace it with a new filter.get the thing started turn it around using the hoe to pivot the machine. only moves in reverse.then i can back it into the polebarn. and finally rebuild the reverser,pretty sure foreward clutches are shot. just dont want to damage the engine on start up.are any special tools needed to get them injectors out. if you could send a picture it would be great.i would purchase the cd if i knew the best place to get one. thanks alot guys .melben sent me a message about the reverser,now im ready to atempt the rebuild:drinkup:drinkup:drinkup

mitch504

If you can get a wrench on the harmonic balancer bolt, a bar on the flywheel, or any other method, and turn it one full turn by hand, then you don't need to pull the injectors.

Good luck,
Mitch

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
That's what I'm thinking mitch. If you can bar the engine over a few times, might have no need to pluck injectors.

chuck jacobs

Occupation
structural ironworker
thanks willie 59.if i take the engine side covers off,do ya think i can reach it from there. or crawl under the machine and try it from there. willie 59 please dont ever leave this forum.ive learned alot reading what you tell others,you know your stuff! thanks again, jake.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Well, unless the exhaust has been open to the weather (excessive rain water), there's no reason to suspect a hard crank. But, as mitch pointed out, it's best to take it slow and easy. Bar the engine over, or make sure the engine isn't getting fuel and bump the starter. Point is, if the engine rolls over freely, no need to pluck injectors. But if you encounter a hydrolock from water in piston chambers, best off getting water out or you'll bend a connecting rod.