• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Called to the farm on the way home.....and

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Well called to see my kin at home on the range and instead of finding him milking he had ripped up this 684 that he had bought for a song

120.jpg

The reason it was so cheep was that the high gear range was unobtainable and the previous owner had come to his limit of spend on the tractor ,engine rebuild,clutch .splitter gear ,hydraulics and brakes had all been done and then the gear issue,What had happened was post to the rework the tractor slipped between two gears due to loose linkages (common Problem on this model)and was forced out through the use of brute force and ignorance.
The result was a broken roll pin #6 on the selector shaft #11 ,this pin held the selector shaft in place forcing the selectors #1 & #4 to move independantly when it broke the two selectors moved with the shaft and tried to engage both the high range and the low range only when selecting the high gear.

scan0001.jpg

so now the issue has been Identified it will be repaired tomorrow and the few other minor complaints will also be fixed .When finished it will have cost him the grand total of e500 .

125.jpg
The one below is sick with a rear crankshaft seal leak

127.jpg

and a future project

131.jpg

Stock

td25c

Looks like a good project stock.I love the old IH tractors.I had a similar problem with my minneapolis-moline g 1000.I went to shift it into a forward gear after backing out of the shead and the engine pulled down when i let the clutch out.It was stuck between a forward and reverse gear.I pulled the top cover off the tranny and found a broken shift fork.I was able to fish the broken fork out from the bowels of the moline and weld it back together in the tractor.

Finish Blademan

Occupation
Sitework superintendent for Wolff Construction. ww
When I was a kid,my dad had an old Farmall he had bought that was in excellent shape.They would skid logs off the steep mountains down to a landing at the bottom of the monutain.From there the Farmall would hook up the chains and drag logs to a landing to be loaded where he had a decent road for his log truck.
Good looking old tractors stock.!

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Alas lassies and lads the belong to the brother ,would love to have the time to do a project but with work and college and the University evening course I may have bitten off more than I can chew ......but time will tell.