• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cab only a mother could love

Phil

Occupation
retired operator and mechanic
I saw this machine in an ad recently. Maybe the cab has a bunk upstairs. Anyone got pictures of a cab you wouldn't want to be seen in? Phil:)

Attachments

• John Deere cab.jpg
    John Deere cab.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,182

s1120

Maybe the owner is like 7 feet tall??? :D

Man, maybe its me, but I see NO reason for that!!

biggrader

Occupation
Owner/Operator
the cab is so tall beacause when you turn the seat around to use the hoe. it actually raises up 18" or so to be able to run the hoe levers. had one similiar on a JD 400.

Phil

Occupation
Another dual windshield design, and a 580CK cab. Phil:)

Attachments

• MF backhoe.JPG
    MF backhoe.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,040
  • Early 580CK cab.JPG
    Early 580CK cab.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 1,041

Phil

Occupation
The upper picture is all Massey Ferguson, except the cab. I don't know who made it for them, but the operator sits very low in it. The lower picture is a Case 580CK with one of the 3 different cab versions available. Phil:)

s1120

I kinda like mine. Not to big, not to small...

Attachments

• 580cab.jpg
    580cab.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 902

CHECOLIN

Occupation
maintenance
Hey man a have a problem with my 580 b case backhoe, it is weak in forward, in the dash it have a gauge who is in green when the machine is in neutral, but whe a put it to forward the gauge droop to the red zone.....

What i can do to fix it?

Phil

Occupation
CHECOLIN,
Welcome to the forum:drinkup:drinkup.
s1120 has give you good advice, read through that thread first, them maybe we can help. A plugged pump pick-up screen is a possibility; does the gauge pressure remain low when in reverse?

s1120, I honestly have never seen another cab like that one on a CK. Very compact, looks more like a cockpit. Nice picture. Has it been made for the machine or adapted? Phil:)

s1120

I have seen one other one, and it was on a old... 430 I think?? It looks like it was made for it. Not cobbed together or anything. Maybe it came off of a early model tractor that was pretty much the same body wise.

rasman57

Cab or ROPS to protect my noodle...580CK?

My 69 580 Construction King TLB has givin me a few close calls in the trees. I have to either fab up a rops/cover or find a cab. Has anyone done any fab up from an old dozer rops or something similar? Are old cabs out there? i don;t care about glass or heat....just head cover. Phil, or anyone, how do those old cabs mount up to the 580's? Any photos of the attachment points? I have one of the old HEAVY dozer rops frames but would have to figure out suitable mounting points on this open station TLB. RASMAN

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 285