• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cab Jack for 953

RParr

Greetings all,

I have Cat 953 (77y serial) and I need to replace the transmission filter.
Unfortunately, it doesn't have a cab jack. It looks to be a simple long ram hydraulic jack. Does anyone have a recommendation for an aftermarket jack that would work? Thanks

sealark37

Occupation
Retired pilot, old equipment mechanic
I was in the same fix on my 943. The hydraulic jack is the same item that is sold by Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, and the Surplus center. Price is 50-60$. You will have to improvise the mounting pads on the bottom and top of the cylinder. There are two different base designs available. I bought the flatest one, and sawed off the ears to bolt on the base I welded up. I posted pictures of my jack installation on this forum some(?) years ago. It works a charm. Good Luck

RParr

I was in the same fix on my 943. The hydraulic jack is the same item that is sold by Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, and the Surplus center. Price is 50-60$. You will have to improvise the mounting pads on the bottom and top of the cylinder. There are two different base designs available. I bought the flatest one, and sawed off the ears to bolt on the base I welded up. I posted pictures of my jack installation on this forum some(?) years ago. It works a charm. Good Luck
Thank you, I appreciate it.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I think this is one like sealark37 is suggesting, there are several other listed.
This one is 24 inches closed and 42 1/4 open.

I think I would mount it temporarily to do the job then store in shop, might find other uses for it!

RParr

I think this is one like sealark37 is suggesting, there are several other listed.
This one is 24 inches closed and 42 1/4 open.

I think I would mount it temporarily to do the job then store in shop, might find other uses for it!
I didn't see a link if you posted it. Thanks for the info though.

Tyler d4c

I was dum founded when I saw one in the tool room when I worked at the dealer then the one old guys said you know they didn't all come with one when new

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
For those who might not have the operators manual for the 953 operation of the cab jack is shown in the 1,000 hour service section of the service/operators manual:

Attachments

• 953 TRACK LOADER cab tilt.pdf
    506.4 KB · Views: 9