• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Buying advise John deere 333e vs kubota svl90-2hfc

Csctl

Guys im looking at purchasing either a used jd 333e-100hrs, cab,heat/ac, warranty till 11-16 for 60k with 2.9% or a new kubota svl90-2 cab, heat/ac, hi flow, warranty for 2 years for 68k with 0%.
I plan on using it to clear land, dig basement, clean/maintain gravelbar, and tend to the goats. The spec that really stands out is the bucket breakout force. It is basically double on the jd compared to kubota, but, i know jd rates theirs in a different manner and want to make sure im comparing apples to apples. I have read where several warranty claims have been denied by both manufactures. Anybody have experience to share with either that could guide me? The jd will be dropped off this week for me to demo. Thanks for your help.

Rentalstop

Weigh the pros and cons of each machine. Kubota has a Kubota engine, smooth pilot controls (imho). Not sure what engine is in Deere. Deere usually has hand/foot controls. I personally like the roll up door on the Kubota. I like the loader arms on the Kubota. Difficult to work on the Deere if it's not running, loader arms down. As far as the break out force ratings, Bobcat and Caterpillar have an overload/bypass so the operator can't overwork the hydraulics. Not sure if that's the case with Kubota or Deere. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Run both and decide which one you prefer.

cptotr

I operated a kubota and really wanted to like it but it was terribly slow in my opinion. Deere seemed like it would work circles around the Kubota. Deere was better going into a pile of dirt and lifting it out. Was able to pick up more weight with forks on than the kubota. Seemed to pull itself up hills with more power and just seemed all around to be a more powerful machine. I liked how quiet the Kubota engine is compared to the Yanmar. I think I would like the overhead door unless you wanted it down and had to get in and out of the machine a bunch. In that case the swing door would be easier to open and close more often. However we all know the limitations of the swing door. Also from my experience with Deere, the cabs are nicer than the kubotas but they seem to rattle more on hard surfaces especially as the tracks wear down. It takes a lot of vibration to the cab. Cat is the best in that department in my opinion. I personally think the Deere is a better machine though for the things you are wanting to do. They will both serve you fine though. I think you'll ultimately know after you demo. Let us know what you think.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
You need to be extremely careful the Kubota when it regens ! Look carefully at the side of the machine for the warning stickers with the flames on it. The regen is so HOT you can't even stand next to the machine. If you are in the dry woods with it your probably going to burn the entire place down. Not sure what they are doing but the machine gets extremely hot, much more than any of the other units on the market.. Which dealer is better to work with ! There is your answer all things being equal , which they aren't by the way.. Go deere you will be happy you did...IMHO !

Rentalstop

Just ran across this review on skid steer forum about the Kubota SVL 75.
Go Deere or look at Cat and be happy. Probably the best advice.

NOT MY THOUGHTS THE FOLLOWING IS THE REVIEW FROM SS FORUM
Kubota svl 75

I'm new here, but wanted to share my experience so far with Kubota, I have owned 10 ASV models over the years. Last summer I decided to try a new Kubota SVL 75. I think the machine is well built and I like the machine. There are a few issues that I think need to be changed but these machine are pretty new on the market so I would expect them to improve with some time. My issue with Kubota is the service has been terrible. My machine has been down for 6 months waiting for parts. It took 5 months for my dealer to get the part and now its been at the dealer for 3 weeks so out of the of the 9 months I've owned it and been making payments, been sitting. The machine has alittle over 100 hours on it. The machine came with a 3 year warranty but when I went to pick it up at the dealer this week they had a $1800 bill for me on what I had been told warranty would cover. I left the machine there , I am now talking to Cat to see if I could trade it off. I know I,m going to take a beating on trading so soon but to me it will be worth it not to have to deal with the dealer anymore. Every issue I have brought up to the dealer I have been told that's how it is and nothing can be done. One of those issue was the heater does not keep the machine warm enough in the winter so I checked to see about a warmer thermostat, no that's how they are. Another issue is when I have a grapple bucket on, loading brush or logs the hydraulic pressure backs of before I can get the the material up and into my dump truck and the load drops out. that's the way it is, Im told. I do use the same grapple on my ASV 50 with now problems so it's not the grapple and I have several grapples they all work the same. I run a landscaping and tree service so it's a critical issue to me. Other than that I would have to say the machine is very loud inside, I did add a 1" sound deadening foam in the interior which did help some. and another problem they have is the debris that gets sucked into the engine compartment, if you brush cut or work in the woods you will have to drop the skid plate and clean it out very often. Are these huge Problems? I guess that's up to how you will be using your machine. I would probably keep my SVL but I can't afford to have my equipment sit for six months. I feel a lot of this is Dealer related so make sure you have a good dealer on what ever brand you buy. I hope I have a new Cat in my yard soon! Good bye Kubota!

Last edited:

pafarmer

Occupation
If I said it once , I said it a thousand times over, it's all about the dealer, and service after the sale ! I chose Cat because the dealer supports me, my machines and my business ! Plus I rarely have a problem with any of my machines and when I do I have the part I need the next day delivered to my shop or the field.

warbird

don't know for sure but I was told the new Kubota have the same fuel filter problem as bobcat except you have to get a service man to reset it before it will start again. there are a lot of low hour kubotas for sale for that reason

pafarmer

Occupation
don't know for sure but I was told the new Kubota have the same fuel filter problem as bobcat except you have to get a service man to reset it before it will start again. there are a lot of low hour kubotas for sale for that reason

I have heard this exact story myself....not sure if it true or not but I can tell you that in my area there are a Boat load of basically brand new Kubota machines for sale ! People seem to get not like them and sell them fast. They must lose a lot of money operating in that way. Go CAT and you'll never look back !

Last edited:

Tags

I don't have any of those issues with my 90, and neither do any of the other people I know in my area. Clean fuel is an absolute must in the new their 4 machines. I believe Cat is running the same motor in their machines. Like PA said, it is all about the dealer, that's why I don't have a Cat now, my local cat dealer is awful unless you own a ton of their equipment, I had a Cat MTL, won't ever have anything cat again. The kubota dealer I use is family run and have been great all around and my 90 does all I ask of it.

warbird

is yours the 90 2? they said all the 2s have that problem. tractor house has over twice as many of low hour 2s for sale as the 90 or 75. this could be all hear say but two different non kubota dealers here have at least 3 kubotas each on lot and none of them have over 400 hours and they are priced cheap

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
There do seem to be a lot of these Kubota's on the market used. Some of them could be rental machines that are being turned over as well. You don't need to run CAT to be successful or to get good service. If that is where you happen to find it, then that is where you go. I get great service from CASE and likely would from CAT here as well. After that it gets sketchy here, but the dealer is important, no doubt. The Kubota dealer here is also the BC dealer, so that pretty much removes them from contention. No service trucks, service department if you can call them that, has poor reputation and not near enough parts on hand. The general reputation of the Kubota CTL is positive at least I thought so. I ran of the first 75 sized machines. I did not care for it, but it wasn't incompetent. The Tier 4 final issues, and fuel issues are some growing pains that the OEMs will have to work through, and unfortunately that may prove painful for us, who sometimes end up as the Beta testers.

pafarmer

Occupation
It's all about the dealer and their support to you after the sale...it makes or breaks all brands, and that is the bottom line. Go where they want your business....it's easy to find out who is a good dealer in your area by what brand machine you see the most of locally. Ask people who own these machines in your local area how they like their dealer..you get the idea..it's not rocket science...

Tags

is yours the 90 2? they said all the 2s have that problem. tractor house has over twice as many of low hour 2s for sale as the 90 or 75. this could be all hear say but two different non kubota dealers here have at least 3 kubotas each on lot and none of them have over 400 hours and they are priced cheap

It is a 90-2 and so are the others that I know of operating in my area. I use it when it's cold out to move snow or for any other task and haven't had an issue.

I actually went back to my Cat dealer when I was looking to upgrade and their trade in price for their "higher resale valued machine" was laughable at best. A year later the Kubota dealer offered quite a bit more than Cats original offer after running it a year longer. This is not just me, several people who are a smaller operation have gone away from Cat due to lack of interest from our local dealer. They have nice stuff, If they were a better dealer I may still have a Cat today but do not at all regret purchasing the Kubota

Fickster

I own a 333E n I have been impressed with it of how much pushing and lifting power this deere have I've filled in and cleaned out several 200 foot diameter ponds on the cattle ranch my family n I run that thing is a beast compared to gehl bobcat n case I've ran before buying this deere. It's very easy to access to the engine compartment withe the sides takes off. The v style radiator seems to be very efficient n running cooler than most moter I've been around n ran. Yes it's a fuel hog. I have all the bells n whistles on this machine except ride control high flow and strobe light gave 69,500 for it brand new. The regeneration thing on the deere you can control it if I'm around hay bales I have it off but brush or dirt work it don't even get that hot even on a 90 degrees day. If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer it. Like others guys says on here dealer support is more important than the brand. Why I got a deere because my salesman n dealership has been very good to my family cattle operation for numbers of years