• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Buyer Beware

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Recently two fellers that work at my place of employment have been flimflammed by an online tractor site MS Tractor Trader in Independence, Iowa that has apparently been pirated by some scumbag entity in Iceland..They both did bank transfers to Chase Bank NYC account that is bogus and keep getting E-mails that assure them that their tractors are on the way, while the same machines are still being advertised for sale on the site. .Apparently the BBB and FBI are aware of the scam and the site is still online...If anyone is interested go to the site and look at some of the prices on the pristine machines, what were they thinking? Notice when you try to scroll down on the site how the heading changes and covers the original site heading, also note original site was MS tractor Sales LLC. Don't want to confuse the other legit sites with similar names elsewhere, but MS in Iowa is out of business and their site has been compromised..These guys got duped out a lot of hard earned loot, for what it's worth don't ever wire cash to a site that won't deal with Paypal or take a credit card, at least then you have some kind of recourse if this happens to you...

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Yep that's like the cheap prices on CL for nice looking machines. Those thieves are just praying on what we all want which is a good deal. Pity the fools that think they can buy a 3 year old CTL with 1500 hours on it for a 5th of what a new costs.

If it's too good or cheap to be real...