• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Butler Brothers logging trucks

DirtHauler

Occupation
Heavy Highway Dirt Hauler
Just a quick note: TRUCKING magazine's Summer 2010 issue has an excellent article on the Butler Brother logging trucks. Back issues are still available from: http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/cars-motors/trucking-magazine-back-issues/ and for an extremely reasonable price. It's probably easier to Google: Butler Brothers Mark 5 than to type in the above. Hope this helps.
here is a link to the artical online

http://www.truckingmag.co.uk/2010/06/25/logger-heads/

Ryan Rønning

Occupation
Army Diesel Tech and field maintenace teck
Those are some odd designs but they all look like very stout trucks. I would love to see these trucks in person.

Truckmodeler

Cool stuff! Now we just need some pics of old Meth Martin driving his Mk.V!

Hey TL, I think Meth Martin got run over by an HDX! :)

Too bad Methy was spinnin' a yarn. Would have been something to see any one of those old 'roller skates' all fixed up and running. Well, at least we know for sure where the real Mk. 5 is.

trakloader

Hey TL, I think Meth Martin got run over by an HDX! :)

Too bad Methy was spinnin' a yarn. Would have been something to see any one of those old 'roller skates' all fixed up and running. Well, at least we know for sure where the real Mk. 5 is.

Good riddance! :rolleyes: Too bad we couldn't see the Andy Byrne truck today. Any plans for pics?

Truckmodeler

Good riddance! :rolleyes: Too bad we couldn't see the Andy Byrne truck today. Any plans for pics?

Hey TL, at this point i think the only way I'll get photos of the Mk. 5 up at Andy's is to head there myself. Chatted to him a while back and I had hoped to get there in the fall but work and other stuff prevailed. Maybe in the spring. He says he might have some shots of the older one in service as well. I'm assuming it was the old #36 since he salvaged the axles for a couple of KW's. Heck, one set might even be under that big KW of Andy's on the Kenworth thread.

Meanwhile, if anyone closer can get some shots form Andy's yard of the Mk. 5that would be awesome.

trakloader

Hey TL, at this point i think the only way I'll get photos of the Mk. 5 up at Andy's is to head there myself. Chatted to him a while back and I had hoped to get there in the fall but work and other stuff prevailed. Maybe in the spring. He says he might have some shots of the older one in service as well. I'm assuming it was the old #36 since he salvaged the axles for a couple of KW's. Heck, one set might even be under that big KW of Andy's on the Kenworth thread.

Meanwhile, if anyone closer can get some shots form Andy's yard of the Mk. 5that would be awesome.

Hey, Peter, Spring has nearly sprung, I hope you're almost ready to make a trip to Andy's yard!

Jdigger4130

Amazing stuff. I really enjoy how resourseful guy in the timber biz are.. Seems like A group always willing to put new ideas into iron,quickly!!!!

69hayes

Occupation
Marine Engineer,
Butler Bros Truck Today

Taken today at Andy's yard
Hey, Peter, Spring has nearly sprung, I hope you're almost ready to make a trip to Andy's yard!

Attachments

• DSCN0599 (Small).jpg
    DSCN0599 (Small).jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 3,532
  • DSCN0600 (Small).jpg
    DSCN0600 (Small).jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 3,141
  • DSCN0605 (Small).jpg
    DSCN0605 (Small).jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 3,361
  • DSCN0607 (Small).jpg
    DSCN0607 (Small).jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 3,041
  • DSCN0609 (Small).jpg
    DSCN0609 (Small).jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 3,036

64Pacific

Wow, that should be in a museum! Is there much of it left - could it be salvaged and brought back to its former glory?

Ryan Rønning

Occupation
Army Diesel Tech and field maintenace teck
I would love to see that thing in a museum some where.

Greatwestcam

Occupation
Driver/Mechanic
old thing is pretty boned out now. see on the door it said Butler Bros. Logging on it still. Also found the cab from the earlier truck that Andy got, not much but memories now.

Attachments

• 100_4356.jpg
    100_4356.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 2,844
  • 100_4361.jpg
    100_4361.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 2,994
  • 100_4353.jpg
    100_4353.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 2,870