• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bushing repair or replace?

sierradmax

The lift arm bushings where the cylinders attach have worn down to an egg shape on my S-175. I talked to a company that welds/line bors and they can't accommodate that size. So, looks like new bushings are the only option. How hard is it to replace these?

RayF

Occupation
lineborer/welder
Yes.pics and dimensions are good. If its to small for a line boring machine there are still some options for a good job. You can plug weld the bores then drill and ream with a mag based drill. There is always a way.:)

sierradmax

I never thought of that and I have a Hougen mag drill that accepts up to a 1-3/8" cutter.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Not sure on that machine but the old 743 BobCat we had at work some of the bushings like that were available as a separate part. Carefully cut out the weld and then weld in the new bushings.

I guess if one has access to a lathe it would not be hard to make up some of your own to replace the worn ones. If going that route maybe rough finish the bore a little small and use the mag drill to "linebore" them to finished size?

sierradmax

One could easily cut out the old and weld the new outside bushing but the inside bushing, I'm scratching my head. I can't see how I could get a cut off wheel and a mig gun to weld the new bushing.