• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Burnt 955

FarmerAlex

Occupation
Engineer (AT UNI), Heavy equipment owner/ operator
Hi there was just wondering if a 955 could be salvaged from a grass fire? What are the main things to check?

And is it worth while rebuilding, apparently has a next to new reco motor just fitted before the fire.

Thanks
Alex

JeremiahSr

Occupation
Vice Pres./General man./Technician
Here ya go.

:eek:Here ya go, kinda blurry but give ya the idea. this is wron place to put this....sorry. hehe

Attachments

• g00487141.bmp
    52.1 KB · Views: 526

FarmerAlex

Occupation
Its a Cat 955 12A, I'm assuming its a fairly old model, but for my purposes should be a lot of fun if i can fix her up
From the pictures i have seen, they said that she got caught in a grass fire, and I'm assuming now dowsing of water took place

cat943

Occupation
loader and excavator operator
Hey Alex that 955 the bunt one looks like it was a heap before it got burned and going by the pic’s it would be more trouble than its worth..

Also on the same page as that burned 55 there is a 955 that would be a better one for tinkering with..

Last edited:

FarmerAlex

Occupation
Yeah thanks for that Cat 943, just a tad worried about the tracks needing work done on them.... The only issue is that i would have to hire a crane to lift it onto a truck... and a pretty big one at that.
Will be seeing how much work there is around for a toy like that