• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bunch of Pictures

ckblum

Sweet truck Jeff! Brutus service body? Nice setup up, always liked the Brutus bodies. Looks like no wasted space left on that truck! Looking forward to setting mine up, although I'm usually fairly close to my shop, maybe 3-4 hours max, rarely farther. Are you a one man show? And do you have a shop you work out of as well or just the truck?

YukonJeff

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
I kinda disapeared for bit. Working out in the cold and then away for Christmas. Couple pictures of the truck taken not too long ago.

Where abouts are you in the lower mainland CK? send me a PM, I'm down on the coast right now, with the truck. Body is a Brutus Body, I would say there's no better body but the last couple brand new trucks I've seen and the recent work I had done on this one, even Brutus is starting to cheep out on things :(

No shop right now, just the truck and a parachute or tarp....depending on whats falling from the sky :) I'm aiming for a shop eventually but that's at least a couple years away yet. Just me right now, if I could find the right guy, I'd consider a second truck, but that's a big step too.
mini-20171212_134352.jpg mini-20171212_134455.jpg

Last edited:

ckblum

PM'd you the other day Jeff! What are you using for cabinet heaters? Coolant or an electric heater? I'm thinking of adding a heater to my tool cabinets and was considering just putting some small 12 volt electric heaters in the tool cabinets on a switch in the cab.

Numbfingers

Occupation
mechanic
Nice truck Jeff, and nice scenery too. I took my family across the border to Dawson this summer in July for a weekend and had a good time. Really educational at the gold dredge up that valley just south of Dawson. Wish I knew about the steamboat graveyard at the time. I did partake in some very tasty Yukon brew though. We saw the 40 mile herd about 5 minutes inside the Canadian border too. I like how you used the Espar heater. Keep the pics coming.
Edit.. I discovered poutine too, yummy!!

Last edited:

dmec

As for the TV guys....I spent several years working with them on the Dealership level. I do my very best to steer clear of them now, they do them, I do me. The TV show is not popular up here, they've done a horrible job at showing the world how Placer Miners operate and brought a lot of negative light to the industry. Believe me, it is nothing like what you see on TV. Most Placer Miners have a great respect for the ground they work, they make their living and raise their families off that ground. And the day to day operations of a real placer mine....more uneventful then watching golf.

I did some contracting for Grubens on the inuvik-tuk highway back in in 2015, and i stayed in the hotel on the main drag in Dawson city on the way home. I went down to the pub for dinner and a beer and there were a bunch of goofs from the show in there. I couldnt get out of there fast enough, what a bunch of ignorant idiots. Not surprised to hear that locals like yourself aren't thrilled with them either. Nice truck and work pics