• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bull Moose Dozer. Built in Vancouver British Columbia. Anyone??

Coleman396

Hi guys.
I recently found this Bull Moose dozer for sale. It is complete and will run with a new battery and carb cleaning etc. She's powered by a 4 4 cylinder Wisconsin engine. Gearmatic winch on rear and three way blade up front.

As a young guy I can remember a lot of logging operation has Bull Moose pickers or mobile lifts around the shop for moving heavy objects such as as brake drums and wheel for the off highway trucks and trailers.

I believe they were built in Vancouver B.C. and possibly sold by Kenworth Dealers. Now what I did not know until recently was that Bull Moose actually built these crawlers. I had never heard of one before. Information about the dozer and in fact about the factory that built them seems to be almost nonexistant.

Have any of you guys heard of or seen these crawlers? Anyone have any info on the factory or the equipment that was put out under the Bull Moose brand? I would love to get any information you guys might have. Thanks!

Attachments

• bull moose side veiw.JPG
    bull moose side veiw.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 946
  • bull moose rear.JPG
    bull moose rear.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 948

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
Interesting looking sprocket and idler can you get another pic of them ? :)

Is it a hydraulic winch or is that a lube line to a bearing ?:confused:

Pj

powerjoke

Occupation
Ah that makes sense, I've never been around a winch.......It also has a hitch so you can tow your bass boat.....I would definatly buy it :D! Lol

Coleman396

I don't have any other pics of the idlers or sprockets. What would you guys think would be a fair price to pay for it?
Supposedly the hydraulics work well so it should be just a bit of dinking around cleaning the old gas out of it and cleaning the carb to get her going.

I don't think he will want any extra for the MOSS......lol.

powerjoke

Occupation
What's it weigh and how much gas is in the tank ? Lol jk

I know what I would pay for it but I'm sure it's worth more than that

Pj

Delmer

What's it weigh and how much gas is in the tank ? Lol jk

I know what I would pay for it but I'm sure it's worth more than that

Pj

Hahahaha

That's the definition of obsolete. Any value (above scrap weight) is novelty, collector, or hobbyist value. Around here it would probably sell for $1,000-$2,000.

russ61

Occupation
screw machine shop supervisor
Never saw or even heard of that animal.Those sprockets and tracks remind me of a tank track.Always wondered why tank tracks weren't used.They put alot of miles on them during WW2.

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
Never saw or even heard of that animal.Those sprockets and tracks remind me of a tank track.Always wondered why tank tracks weren't used.They put alot of miles on them during WW2.

US tanks use/used a live track system with rubber bushings in the track blocks. The track system is built for maneuvering and speed, not tractive power for pushing or pulling. On the older tanks (including the WWII Sherman) the tracks lasted about 5,000 miles or less depending on the conditions they were run in. On the newer M1A1's the track life is about 2500 miles because of the extra speed that it can travel. Sharp turns in sand, gravel or mud will walk a track off in a heart beat.

Rick, US Army ret, Armor!