• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Buildng a grubber

twr

building grubber for John Deere 544G wheel loader, seen several with straight edge, v in or v out on the cutting edge. Just what works best Using a wheel loader to not tear up grass so bad it's all native in my area, hard to get grass back if disturbed

twr

New at posting pics but this is what we came up with.We have built them for dozers and excavators but not loaders.

twr

Nice work. Is that blade mild steel? Hard facing? Have you had any issues with wear?

No the up rites are 1 1/4 T-1 the edge is 1 3/4 AR grubbing black locust and bois d'arc I'm getting most all of the root system.

JDOFMEMI

twr

Nice looking grubber. It looks like you built it plenty stout. I would recommend cutting a V notch in the front of it in order to trap the root and get a better bite on it.

I have a smaller version for my skid steer and that seems to work for me.

Looks like you can pry out a pretty good sized bush with that one.

twr

twr

Nice looking grubber. It looks like you built it plenty stout. I would recommend cutting a V notch in the front of it in order to trap the root and get a better bite on it.

I have a smaller version for my skid steer and that seems to work for me.

Looks like you can pry out a pretty good sized bush with that one.

I have done that on excavators,and some dozers I figured I could go back and cut it if needed we are dealing with large trees to scrub brush a lot of time you can just scrape out the little stuff with a strait edge. Thanks TWR