• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Building the Chelsea Street Bridge **video**

EarthRockHill

Occupation
Industrial Photographer
J.F White Contracting comes one step closer to the completion of the new Chelsea Street Bridge with the addition of the East upper leg portion of the South Tower.

Crews worked through the night to extend the crane pad so that an early morning lift was possible.
Once everything was in place the actual lift , of 200 tons of steel, took mere minutes to complete.

The well oiled machine of the collaboration between lead contractor and sub contractors as well as the professional working crews made this job look easy.

See my tribute to the American Ironworker video to see some behind the scenes details.
YouTube - ‪Chelsea Street Bridge - South Tower Crane Lift‬‎

Dmconstruct

Occupation
Operating Engineer Crane Op
Your work sheds light on what I (we) do for a living. I thank you for that. Constructing bridges and Building Demo is what I do. I just cant get enough of your videos. Keep up the GREAT work!!