• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Building a cat 797

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I was just watching on tv the 88 day sequence of construction on the massive 797's.Unbelievable that the huge pins for the pivots on the dump body and the hoist cylinder were installed with no grease at all.Mechanics with huge sledgehammers banging them in very slowly.

ben46a

88 days? where was this taken at? here in fort mac we kick them out the door in two weeks. I dunno who would put body pins in with no gease, i always use lubriplate. Slides in like nothin when you get the bores lined up right.

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
I watched the same show this afternoon on The Speed channel. It was called Ultimate Factories. The 88 days was from start to delerviery at the oil sands.
And yes, the Finning mechanics at the shop at Ft. Mac were beating the hoist and bed tilt pins in dry.:beatsme
A little grase goes a long ways!
Jason