• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bucyrus Erie collection

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
Yes he is I was going to see him a month ago but they were putting a new roof on the complex where he is and they were neat the front where he is so I did n
In a perfect world I'd meet you there, Hank.

Would been there in Sept but Daughter and husband were having issues so we stayed away , as we get along with both.

Truck Shop

In Chelan for years a Bucyrus 22 shovel set idle, was kind of a landmark. Then it disappeared,
scrapped I suppose. People used it as a yard stick for directions.

Tugger2

Yes he is I was going to see him a month ago but they were putting a new roof on the complex where he is and they were neat the front where he is so I did n

Would been there in Sept but Daughter and husband were having issues so we stayed away , as we get along with both.
Good to hear Merv is hanging in there. You can tell him his 22B is still ready for the next job.

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
We always used Fullers Earth on our 80D power shovel. The local drugstore made sure to keep a good supply in stock. I have never heard of the crushed light bulbs either.

skyking1

As the deck engineer on the derricks, I greased the pivots and shafts, and then removed every bit of excess grease that came out. That was the best bet for good operation and I took some comfort in knowing I had it clean. I never had to apply any of that stuff, but the day shift crew did on the Duwamish dredge job.

8V71

Most of the drag lines (NorthWest 41’s and LS 78 Speeders)I had to repair we’re in scrap yards were they brought them in for scrap and the owners put them to work unloading trucks. Their maintenance program was to call somebody out when they completely quit working. The guys I work for that hung iron took much better care of their equipment never had to do that stuff with their cranes.