1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

"Bucket teeth plate"

Discussion in 'Construction Equipment Attachments' started by Cartoondude135, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Tugger2

Tugger2 Senior Member

Those fir stumps make you work to get them out.

DMiller likes this.
  2. Ronsii

Ronsii Senior Member

s/e Heavy equipment operator
    Yep!!!, these were rooted in very well... I gotta say though flipping the bucket around worked great for that 3rd stump as I couldn't really get at it from the waterline side. Once I got the bulk of dirt out from underneath it went like a lamb ;)

DMiller likes this.
  3. Ronsii

Ronsii Senior Member

Well... bad news.. got back to the shop today and was told my plate for the 60 24inch bucket broke :( all the guy was doing was digging some post holes...

It's bent up almost an inch too so I'm guessing after it broke he didn't want to pull it off and was doing some good backpushing... so I'll have to cut it off the left tooth as well as bevel and fill the break...

cx60c-bucket24plate-broken1.JPG

DMiller likes this.
  4. Nige

Nige Senior Member

Suggestion - Leave something "fusible" in the assembly when you're done.
    You know darn well that if you try to make it idiot-proof Darwin will only come along with an improved class of idiot.........

MarshallPowerGen and Ronsii like this.
  5. Ronsii

Ronsii Senior Member

Yep, I know ;) It's just hard to get around my 'programming' to make something harder to break the next time... so then they break the next link in the chain.. ;)