• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bucket coupler question

Landclearer

Yes we use couplers on our machines. I would go with the wedge lock, keeps the tip radius close to a standard pin on bucket. We have never had any issues with ours.

Chris

StumpyWally

Liv'in the Dream ---------------> in Ballston, NY
Occupation
PE Civil Eng'r, Computer Sys. Mgr., Retired
Lil' Puss:
If you have a small excavator, stay away from pin-grabber QC's...they increase the tip radius & thereby reduce the breakout force too much, on a machine size where every bit of breakout is precious.

I would recommend the Klac from Werk-Brau (http://www.werk-brau.com/attachment-products/74). It is very simple & easy to couple/decouple buckets, & it maintains your original pin-on tip radius & breakout force better than any other that I was able to find. I use one on my NH (Kobelco) EH80.