• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Brush Guard

inyati13

Occupation
Farming
I want to make a brush guard for the top of the blade of a D3G with a 10 foot blade. I want it to help control the tree that gets over the top of the blade and wedges between the trunion tower complex and the radiator guard. I was thinking of using quarter inch mild steel (angle, channel and round). I was going to make it about 6 foot wide to center on the blade and about 1 foot high. Any suggestions would be appreciated. How high does it have to be? Should it go straight up or slant out in front of the blade?

ETMF 58 White

I bought a 24 foot stick of 2 x 4 x 1/4 tubing for about $96 about a year ago and had my welder neighbor make this one for a 10 foot blade on a 650G. I had him lean it forward because I want the brush to roll, and also it looks a lot better.

Attachments

• Brush guard 650G blade.jpg
    Brush guard 650G blade.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 1,686

inyati13

Occupation
Farming
That is just the info I wanted. I also thought leaning it forward would be best. Thanks.

inyati13

Occupation
Farming
This is what I made to give my grill more protection and to help handle brush. It leans forward. Any comments on how it might work?

Attachments

• IMG_0874.jpg
    IMG_0874.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 1,021

Deereman

You can also look up G & R manufacturing. They make guards as well. They make them for Deere but they might make them for cat as well. But for the money 58 and 13 are on to something!!