• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bridge Collasp

mudmaker

Plus getting into that cab its very hard to place your foot down with that big black piece right in the middle of the cab.

that is for sure. That deere cab is a PITA to get into! I dont know why they have to have that piece in the middle, but sure is in the way trying to get your foot in.:Banghead

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
I know to different companies that have purchased Case CTL's and love them. One of their main decision makers was the dealer was in there same town, and they were happy with the performance. I haven't tried one personally but they seem to do well.

Bobcat s330

that is for sure. That deere cab is a PITA to get into! I dont know why they have to have that piece in the middle, but sure is in the way trying to get your foot in.:Banghead

Mudmaker what model deere do you run?

hvy 1ton

I have to say the only reason i have a 260 is the AQHA got us a great deal on it, something like 22% off. And I am a deere guy or at least i used to be, Challengers look better and better everyday. The local dealer, who has no interest in selling anything besides lawn mowers, wouldn't honor the deal. So we wound up using the acreage we have in another county to buy from the dealer in baldwin. The "Salesmen" proceeded to sneak onto my farm, at night no less, to get the S/N off the machine to file a complaint against Heritage. I drive to Baldwin to get parts when ever i have the time now.

Anyway, my complaints about Deere,
loud cab feel like i need ear plugs
high effort controls, couldn't see running all day
difficult ingress and i'm 5'10"

Specific to the 260
choice of hiflow or a/c
self-leveling on the way up only
door is stiff as hell.

I played around for few minutes with a CT a while ago at Heritage and it didn't seem like many of this problems have been fixed.

As a side note don't hot wire the kill switch in the door(bossman's idea), it will make your machine very angry. He pays the bills so he can break stuff if he wants too i guess. Now I have throughly moved this thread Off-Topic, but don't feel like starting my own deere bashing thread, it would be heresy.