• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Brand New D7G Tracks on the Way Yeeeeehaaw !

Marsh Mutt

Well, fellow dozer-meisters, I finally ran into a reliable supplier of after-market LGP tracks for my D7G, and they are currently sitting the shipper's warehouse in New Jersey awaiting that sea voyage that should see them arriving here in Africa by the end of September 2016.

I wound up purchasing the tracks from AMS in Ohio, whose link is below, for anyone in the market for new tracks. I highly recommend this outfit.

http://amsundercarriage.com/caterpillar-excavator-undercarriage/cat-d7g-bulldozer-undercarriage/

My purchase was handled by a very knowledgeable and helpful sales rep called Matt Haddix, over at AMS, and I was pleasantly surprised how quickly the tracks were trucked out to my specified destination, very soon after my PayPal purchase payment was received. Matt is a man of few words, but he is a highly professional, seasoned expert in the field of dozer undercarriages, who took the extra confirmatory step of sending me detailed engineering drawings with all relevant dimensions of the tracks available for my final cross-checking, BEFORE he hit the "ship" button and sent off my order to the New Jersey shippers.

Hopefully with the grovelling praise I am lavishing on AMS in this write-up, I might luck out and get a few dollars knocked off my next purchase of tracks for my D6D-LGP, when the time comes and I manage to sell off my mother in law to raise the money needed to treat the D6D to some new footwear

While I have not set eyes on my new tracks, I do have a few pictures of them sitting in the warehouse, and for sure I will post more pictures when we take delivery of the tracks and get to installing them, along with their matching new sprockets, as recommended by Nige in this forum. I am very excited to put my old D7G tractor to work excavating fish ponds along the fringes of the swamp here, marking a long overdue DRAMATIC increase in the size of my catfish farm here.

I sure am glad I chose AMS Ohio over RFE in Indiana, not in the least because RFE, by their rigid insistence on a bank wire transfer as the ONLY means of payment if I acquired my new tracks from them, lost me as a customer to AMS, because my bank in the UK regarded RFE's rural Indiana bank as being too obscure and thus possibly dodgy, to be worth the risk of trusting with that payment transfer. As the old saying goes, one closing door sometimes leads to another more worthwhile door opening, which is how it worked out when I found AMS shortly after being informed that I would not be able to make my intended payment for the tracks to RFE.

Anyway, back in the here and now, feast your eyes on these brand spanking new tracks that I have dreamed of finding for the past 5 years, and stand by for installation pictures when the ship finally discharges this prize on African shores. Much thanks to Nige for stressing the importance of getting new sprockets to go with any new track assemblies that are ordered. That nugget of advice will save me lots of undue wear on these new tracks, so Nige, I owe you a beer or two, sir.

Attachments

• New Track Segments New in Open BoxJPG.jpg
    New Track Segments New in Open BoxJPG.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 256
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 254
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 253
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:

Marsh Mutt

Your timely advice about the importance of getting matching sprockets is very much appreciated, Nige. I'll post some more pictures of the installation before long.

Last edited: