• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Brake lights stay on after Machine is shut off

Revicm

Occupation
Contractor
The batteries on my 410J JD were dead this morning. Apparently the brake lights are stuck on after shutting off the hoe. Anyone else have this problem?

Curbster

Occupation
Prime Digger on Dog Hill
Had this occur on several different pieces of equipment over the years. Sometimes after locating the switch - usually somewhere close to the brake pedal linkage, I can sometimes just spray with a lubricant - WD40 or similar and work the switch back and forth enough to free it up. Some times the adjustment of the switch needs to be moved just a bit so it is not in contact with the brake pedal linkage when the brake is not pressed. You can usually see if the switch is being activated by the brake pedal correctly. If it is adjusted correctly and not sticking, then it's like grandpa says above - probably needs replacing. There's probably other things I've missed, but it's a start! :)