• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bought a Ford 555E

treborterb

Hello Nick350. Thanks for the offer but another member had kindly given me a set and I hadn't been back till now. I have gotten the kit to rebuild the gland and will hopefully be attempting to change it soon. Also noticed that the gland on the curl cylinder of the front bucket has the two opposing notches on the outer rim of the gland instead of the two pin holes in the face and luckily I was able to get it to start turning.

talley

I have a 555e shuttle shift 4x4... replaced filter and fluid,, runs for about 15 mins... stop pulling,, turn off and wait a bit and crank up pulls again but maybe only 4 mins.. What do I do?

NH575E

Occupation
Retired Machinist
I have a 555e shuttle shift 4x4... replaced filter and fluid,, runs for about 15 mins... stop pulling,, turn off and wait a bit and crank up pulls again but maybe only 4 mins.. What do I do?
Pull the banjo bolt holding the fuel inlet on the side of the sediment bowl and look inside for crud. If it's clogged you will probably need to clean out the tank and replace the fuel filter. Several of us have installed a small inline filter on the line going in to the sediment bowl.

Edit: I may have misunderstood the problem. If the engine is shutting off try what I said above. If it's an actual transmission problem I have no advice. I guess it is possible the engine would lose power for fuel starvation and not shut off so try the above anyway.

IF the banjo bolt is clogged just cleaning it out should provide temporary relief.

Jayroget

I have the operators manual and a parts manual but I’m looking for a service manual or pdf of one. Needing to know ASAP as to finding where the transmission pressure sensor is located. In the parts book it is shown in a separate block with arrow pointing to transmission but can’t find it yet.
Part is #10
5409B516-C389-4120-83ED-67A6EBFE7DA7.jpeg

Old Growth

I have the operators manual and a parts manual but I’m looking for a service manual or pdf of one. Needing to know ASAP as to finding where the transmission pressure sensor is located. In the parts book it is shown in a separate block with arrow pointing to transmission but can’t find it yet.
Part is #10
View attachment 308076
Im going to assume you troubleshooting trans issues. Pull that two bolt plate off the bottom of the trans and clean out the screen behind it.

Jayroget

Im going to assume you troubleshooting trans issues. Pull that two bolt plate off the bottom of the trans and clean out the screen behind it.
Yes, that is next on my list. Just need to order the o rings so I have them new for when I remove the cover. I recently bought this machine from a municipality and I have all paperwork from every repair/maintenance schedules and replacement parts. Even had oil sent out every oil change. I would think they cleaned the screen but you never know. I’m thinking the sensor is stuck as this machine sat for long periods since they purchased a mini excavator to do ditching and such. Hard had 200 hours put on in the last 8-10 years