• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bomag bw 120 ad-3 not moving

yazan

hi, please any he
Bomag bw 120 ad-3 , not moving , seat switch bypassed , power jumb direct to the brake solenoid valve and still not moving ,
please where to look also ?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Does it sound like it wants to drive against the brake? Does it steer? Travel cable connected to the pump? Oil level good? Have you checked charge pressure, both in neutral and with the lever in forward and reverse?

yazan

Does it sound like it wants to drive against the brake? Does it steer? Travel cable connected to the pump? Oil level good? Have you checked charge pressure, both in neutral and with the lever in forward and reverse?
yes it does try to move but slowly, if travel moved any direction the machine will decrease rpm then engine stop , even i put more rpm from the shifter it will will not move
oil level good , pressure not cheked yet

yazan

it's weird, i think its electrical problem , not mechanical , some notes i see today like : 1- seat switch , after bypassing by jump the brown to green wires , the indicator in the circuit board is on, but not the light in dash panel
2- moving the travel shifter from 0 position * park brake position* also will indicate the bulb in the circuit board is on, but not the light in dash panel
3- i put a small led bulb at the brake valve solenoid terminals to test when there is power delivered , some times it will have power and some times will not ,

but after that , if jumping direct power from battery to brake valve solenoid should it move ?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
If the brake solenoid is activated, it should move. So, either the brake solenoid valve is not allowing the pressure to the brake to release it, or you have a drive issue. Check brake release pressure first. If that is OK, then check the charge pressure as I mentioned above.

yazan

If the brake solenoid is activated, it should move. So, either the brake solenoid valve is not allowing the pressure to the brake to release it, or you have a drive issue. Check brake release pressure first. If that is OK, then check the charge pressure as I mentioned above.

Sorry to forget . steering is fine also vibrator is fine also. It can steer and vibrate at idle.
After cleaning terminals the brake peeping alarm is always on.

I ordered Pressure testing kit ..still on the way.

mike holcomb

I have a Bw120 AD4 and had same issue. Turned out to be a bad shut off switch on dash. Water got into it and it wouldn't move like brakes were stuck on. Just happened to find it by taking dash apart while running and messing with wires to switch and fwd/rev handle and it moved. Put new switch in and its been good for last yr. Also check your fuses just to be sure all contacts are clean.

Attachments

• 20230825_114441.jpg
    20230825_114441.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230825_114426.jpg
    20230825_114426.jpg
    742.8 KB · Views: 1