• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bomag bw 120 ad 3 crank no start

yazan

Hi. Please I need any help. This bomag bw 120 ad3 cranking but not starting
Please any help where to start diagnostic
Thanks

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Serial number?

Good fuel supply to the injection pump?

Voltage to the fuel shutoff solenoid?

yazan

hi , thanks for your reply

no 101170515322
i live in a small town in remote area , I just bought this equipment, and it has been idle there for a long period of time. I am very interested in getting it back to work.
Currently, the engine was running, but the equipment was not moving forward or backward. I think it is something related to the brake or safety system.
After washing the equipment , the engine is no longer running. crank no start .

there is no fuel in the engine , i make a baybass and run fuel direct from a can , and it work
fuses are all ok . tested out of the pannel with multimeter

thanks .. any help is deeply appreciated .

yazan

If your no start began after washing, then I would first be checking all your connectors for moisture contamination.
thanks , i will start cleaening connectors with electric contact cleaner and i will post result
thanks

yazan

its starting now , but still not moving

electric fan not operating

seat switch occupation light is not going on/off - if the seat occuped or not

jiggling thr travel hand will make the brake light also flickiring

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
electric fan not operating
I don't think the fan will run until a certain temperature is reached.

F46 fuse is common to all those items. It is part of the printed circuit board. Have any voltage checks been made? Do you know how to read an electrical schematic?

yazan

Fuses tested . but I have only 12 fuses . all tested. But what is f46 ? And where located. These fuses I tested are numbered a1-6 &b-6
Thanks for helping

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
I mentioned above it is part of the circuit board and if I recall, not replaceable. But that fuse has to be good if the engine starts. I just saw in the schematic that the engine shutoff solenoid uses that fuse as well.

Check your messages.

yazan

I think that the circuit board is defected.
There is a clear curving in the circuit panel. Very clear from the back. There is also a bulge and cracks in the back plastic behind one of the wire connection points.

I was confused abojt the proximity sensors under the travel shifter . I toke them out and tested with a12v source to the brown as + and blue is -
The black is the signal to the board and yes there is signal when touching metal with the switch. But iam not sure if this test is enough to be sure?

I will keep testing and posting