• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat vs. New Holland?

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
skidsteer

which machine do you prefer & why? - Eric

Ive had a Case (wheel unit) and now have a 2001 Takeuchi tracked unit. I have run Bobcats and really dont like them, dont like the foot controls, I think they have done away with that now, or at least its an option.
I really have abused the Takeuchi and it keeps on ticking. I have a grapple with it and I load trucks, clear land, lift stuff I shouldnt, but it never has let me down.
The Case 1845 was a good unit, but it was wheeled and not suitable for our work. It was a strong machine and after I put steel addon tracks, it did improve the performance, but the tracks were too much trouble, especially when you had a flat tire.
From my experience, I vote Takeuchi/Gehl
Good Luck