• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat T590

Jim15

I'm sure a lot of you have ran or owned a Bobcat T190 as I think it is the best selling CTL in the US. The T590 is the new M series replacement for the T190, which has finally been released after years of anticipation. We finally got to see one in person when our Bobcat dealer got their first 3 T590s in that had been on order since they were announced. 1 sold before it hit the dealer, we put our name on the second one 2 days later, and the third one sold within the week with multiple people wanting it, so they are very hard to get right now. According to our salesman they tried to order more but the factory was barely able to fill the previous order, and they are not sure when they will get more in.

Also, by the end of the year, Bobcat will supposedly be putting an all-new Doosan Final Tier IV motor in the midsized frame (500 series) loaders to meet the Final Tier IV standards. The new motor and associated emissions add ons will add a reported 10-20%, yes, (around $4,000 - $10,000) to the price of the current T590, they are definitive on the price yet though. Also in June, Bobcat had some killer financing and rebate deals. Therefore, we decided to pull the trigger on replacing our T190 with a loaded T590 as it just made sense, even though our T190 only had 1,800 hours and needed nothing, we felt it was time to upgrade. So, here are the pics and specs.

2013 Bobcat T590 - enclosed cab, heat, AC, radio, high flow hydraulics, air suspension seat, power Bobtach, hand and foot controls, regular suspension (no roller suspension because it adds 6" in width), 68" tooth bucket and a 74" LP bucket

Attachments

• IMAG0571.jpg
    IMAG0571.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 7,446
  • IMAG0615.jpg
    IMAG0615.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 6,107

Jim15

And a few more in cab photos and on its first job back in June.

Attachments

• IMAG0619.jpg
    IMAG0619.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 4,308
  • IMAG0652.jpg
    IMAG0652.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 4,020
  • IMAG0657.jpg
    IMAG0657.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 3,902
  • IMAG0658.jpg
    IMAG0658.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 3,880
  • IMAG0651.jpg
    IMAG0651.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 3,998

snocrete

Occupation
concrete, light excavating, snow & ice management
Very nice! I love our T190...great machines. We bought a S590 recently, and BC has done a really nice job with the new Mseries. Have fun with the new toy!

Jim15

Forgot a few options on the list above. It is a 2013 T590 with the A91 option package, radio, and air ride seat. The A91 is the top option package including; cab, heat and AC, High Flow Hydraulics, Sound Reduction, Hydraulic Bucket Positioning, Power Bob-Tach, Deluxe Instrument Panel, Suspension Seat (changed to air ride seat), Engine Block Heater, Attachment Control Kit and Cab Accessories Package

Snocrete,

We probably have very similar equipment. We had a 334 that we updated to an E42 a couple falls ago, a T190 that was replaced by this T590 in June, and still have our S185 since it is barely used now since we added the T190 7 or 8 years ago. Only one downside that we were aware of before purchase was that with the redesigned M series loader arms, you are not able to put our backhoe attachment on the T590 because the attachment would hit the front of the loader arms before the arms of the backhoe would meet up with the mounting brackets. Therefore, we will not update our S185 to an S590 because it is basically a loader back up to the T590, and excavator backup to the E42. Other than that, we would have no problems with updating the S185 to an M series, they are definitely new and improved in performance and operator comfort.

Wish I had more at work pics, but we have been pretty busy with it, and I haven't had the chance to snap any.

snocrete

Occupation
Forgot a few options on the list above. It is a 2013 T590 with the A91 option package, radio, and air ride seat. The A91 is the top option package including; cab, heat and AC, High Flow Hydraulics, Sound Reduction, Hydraulic Bucket Positioning, Power Bob-Tach, Deluxe Instrument Panel, Suspension Seat (changed to air ride seat), Engine Block Heater, Attachment Control Kit and Cab Accessories Package

Snocrete,

We probably have very similar equipment. We had a 334 that we updated to an E42 a couple falls ago, a T190 that was replaced by this T590 in June, and still have our S185 since it is barely used now since we added the T190 7 or 8 years ago. Only one downside that we were aware of before purchase was that with the redesigned M series loader arms, you are not able to put our backhoe attachment on the T590 because the attachment would hit the front of the loader arms before the arms of the backhoe would meet up with the mounting brackets. Therefore, we will not update our S185 to an S590 because it is basically a loader back up to the T590, and excavator backup to the E42. Other than that, we would have no problems with updating the S185 to an M series, they are definitely new and improved in performance and operator comfort.

Wish I had more at work pics, but we have been pretty busy with it, and I haven't had the chance to snap any.

Very nice! And yes, its sounds like we do have similar setups.
The A91 w/highflow & 2spd is what we have on the new machine also...I love the air ride seat. Our T190 is loaded up also, other than highflow. Considering our 190 only has "about" 950hrs on it, I'd say it may be a couple more yrs b4 we upgrade it???

What attachments do you have for the skid/ctl? Excavator? What kind of work do you do?

Jim15

Ya, we are a small compact excavating business. Owner/operated machines, so we've had enclosed cabs with heat, air, radio, and suspension seats since they started offering them on the 763s. This is our first machine with high flow though, as it was a machine that we did not spec, but was pretty much exactly what we were looking for. It would have been nice to have 2 speed, however we really have no need for it on the track machine, so it's not a big deal that they don't offer it in the 500 series CTLs. It does have the button for auto idle though like our E42, but says that's not an option either, not sure why, but that would be nice to have as we use it all the time on the E42.

Our S185 is the same setup as well, we have the offset rims and tires as we used to pair them with our 334 and both machines were 60 inches wide outside to outside the tires/tracks. As far as attachments I'm not even sure of everything we have. I know we have 62" GP and tooth and 68" GP, tooth, and snow buckets, a 66" Demo grapple bucket, a 74" GP bucket, a Power tilt tach, a 72" box blade, 3' and 4' sets of pallet forks, a concrete breaker (with Bobtach plate), Auger (with bobtach plate and 6" and 12" bits), 6' landscape rake, 8' snowplow, backhoe attachment, and used to have a 60" pickup sweeper (which we sold, lost contracts) for our Bobcats. Pretty sure that's it on those.

For our excavators we always have a thumb. For buckets we have 13" and 20" trenching, 24" and 30" severe duty digging, and 39" and 53" grading buckets. We also have the excavator mounting plates for the hammer and auger, which whenever we use them, they almost always go on the excavator. We also have an asphalt cutting wheel that clamps on the bucket.

That's about it for attachments. We do a lot of different things but mainly spread/power rake loam, remove stumps, hammer/remove concrete sidewalks/pool decks/ inground gunite pools, excavate for additions, sonotubes, and utility trenches, install stone and 3/4" gravel bases for sheds, driveways, walkways, patios, retaining walls, build stone walls with masons setting big boulders, excavate for and rough grade for plumbing for inground pools. And on and on..

snocrete

Occupation
Ya, we are a small compact excavating business. Owner/operated machines, so we've had enclosed cabs with heat, air, radio, and suspension seats since they started offering them on the 763s. This is our first machine with high flow though, as it was a machine that we did not spec, but was pretty much exactly what we were looking for. It would have been nice to have 2 speed, however we really have no need for it on the track machine, so it's not a big deal that they don't offer it in the 500 series CTLs. It does have the button for auto idle though like our E42, but says that's not an option either, not sure why, but that would be nice to have as we use it all the time on the E42.

Our S185 is the same setup as well, we have the offset rims and tires as we used to pair them with our 334 and both machines were 60 inches wide outside to outside the tires/tracks. As far as attachments I'm not even sure of everything we have. I know we have 62" GP and tooth and 68" GP, tooth, and snow buckets, a 66" Demo grapple bucket, a 74" GP bucket, a Power tilt tach, a 72" box blade, 3' and 4' sets of pallet forks, a concrete breaker (with Bobtach plate), Auger (with bobtach plate and 6" and 12" bits), 6' landscape rake, 8' snowplow, backhoe attachment, and used to have a 60" pickup sweeper (which we sold, lost contracts) for our Bobcats. Pretty sure that's it on those.

For our excavators we always have a thumb. For buckets we have 13" and 20" trenching, 24" and 30" severe duty digging, and 39" and 53" grading buckets. We also have the excavator mounting plates for the hammer and auger, which whenever we use them, they almost always go on the excavator. We also have an asphalt cutting wheel that clamps on the bucket.

That's about it for attachments. We do a lot of different things but mainly spread/power rake loam, remove stumps, hammer/remove concrete sidewalks/pool decks/ inground gunite pools, excavate for additions, sonotubes, and utility trenches, install stone and 3/4" gravel bases for sheds, driveways, walkways, patios, retaining walls, build stone walls with masons setting big boulders, excavate for and rough grade for plumbing for inground pools. And on and on..

Hopefully by the time our 190 is upgraded, this is available:thumbsup...great feature imo!

Sounds like we are setup vey similar, other than our main line of work is concrete...but we do various jobs on occasion that are just machine work(through plumbers, landscapers, builders, homeowners, etc).

BTW, our S590 is also the 1rst machine we've owned w/high flow...not a feature that I have an immediate use for, but may use it when running our auger and possibly the breaker (newer bobcat 980 model)?????....Plus I see a good possibility of getting a snowblower in the future.