• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat T450 Blowing 15A ECU fuse -- Fuel Injector Bypassing

Lee_in_Georgia

Hey all... I have a 2016 T450 that has blown three ECU fuses in the last couple of weeks. The fuse is the F21 (15A) one. The other two ECU fuses (5A and 25A) have been fine. It has an injector bypassing right now (#3), so I'll need to replace that... surely that wouldn't have anything to do with it blowing ECU fuses would it??? I know the manual says that the ECU controls the injector "actuator", but seems unlikely to me that a bad injector would blow fuses... but what do I know. This loader also has been eating batteries over the last year, but the guy who runs this loader often times lets it sit for weeks at a time. So about a month ago, I put a battery cut-off switch in it because I figured he just didn't use it often enough and the batteries were just running down from whatever power the computer used to keep the ignition circuit energized and ready to start. I checked my records and it has just shy of 100 hrs over this time last year. As I remember, it had about a .4 amp draw when turned off. Which I figured was probably normal for this model. Anyway, I'm trying to figure it out and am not sure where to go first. Maybe the injector bypassing and the battery parasitic drain are just a coincidence, but I wonder now.