• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

bobcat t300 leaking problem from the electromagnet valve of the high flow

gatoulis

Occupation
mechanic
the electromagnet solinoid valve for the high flow engagemant top of the hydraulic pump is leaking continiusly from the oring of the thread.it happens when the machine is working the wheel cutter w24 if i remember.the hydraulic oils tampeture increases very fast if this helps and idont know if the oparator that changed the oring several times is puting the right dimension.any ideas that might help?the power of the wheelwhen it cuts doesnt look very strong it keeps stoping and needs pushing the button to reingaged the wheel again from what ive been told.have a nice year to all of you from greece.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to the forum gatoulis. :usa

The o-ring that seals that solenoid valve cartridge is not a standard size o-ring. It has to be a 568-900 series o-ring, like 568-901 / 568-902 / 568-903 and so on. It's known as a Boss O-ring seal connection. They are very close in size to standard o-rings, but the cross section size is slightly different. They also are stiffer o-rings, being 90 durometer, compared to 70 durometer for standard Buna N o-rings. If you attempt to use standard size o-rings, they'll fail everytime. ;)

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Atco, Is there anything you dont know about those things!!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Atco, Is there anything you dont know about those things!!

LMAO! Yes, there are some things I don't know about them. But that don't stop the #%&@ things from stopping at my shop for me to work on them! :tong

Hardline

Occupation
Small business owner
Ditto to what Atco said. The standard orings are too large in section width and when you tighten them up it gives the oring a hair cut. It will continue to fail on you. You might pick you up an ORB oring kit they are handy to have if you do repaiars on your tractor yourself. You can get them at most good fitting and seal shops. JJ. JJ

gatoulis

Occupation
mechanic
hello from greece.after we changed the oring several times the only thing we found was that the valve was kind of stackted i hit her down and she started moving again cleaned her with a spray and put her again.the machine did cut for longer time but the oring was out again,the operator told me tha he took out again the valve and the popet of the valve looked stacked again.may be because this is the high flow valve and with the wheel cuting she recieves many commands.could this be enough to be the problem that the oring doesnt hold the pressure.or could it be from the aux engagemant if they are not opened right.