• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat T300 drive pump issue.

Hardline

Occupation
Small business owner
Had an odd call today. There is a company in this area that buys and sell skid steers. They asked me to come look at one that was giving them fits. As they started it as soon as it had charge pressure it would try to drive the left track forward and would kill the engine before it could fully start.

This machine had the electrical hand controls. It had sd pumps on it. The left controller was not plugged in. Machine was showing no codes. I plugged the controller in and got no results. I could unplug both handles and get codes for them but still had drive forward left side. The controller mounted on top of the pump has been replaced. It had a sd sticker on it. But the side plugs and caps had wrench markings on them and have been removed many times.

The owner of said machine stated this is what it was doing when he bought it. The last machine he had brought to bobcat got a 14k estimate to repair and 3k just to bolt it back together. He asked me how to make the engine be able to actually start so people would know atleast the engine was good. Got out a pocket knife and had her purring like a kitten in seconds. He smiled and said thanks. Had the auction contract filled out before I even got off the premises.

So what do y'all think, was it a pump issue or just the controller?

lantraxco

If it has the H1 pumps (I don't know the T300) it's possible it's internal to the pump. We used some and there was something internal would come apart and do exactly what you describe, once the charge pressure comes up the servo shifts full tilt boogie in one direction.