• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat T200 - Boom / Bucket will not work.

Bubba

Occupation
Locomotive Engineer, Property Management, Clearing
I got a Bobcat T200 that was worked on by a local mechanic and somehow the hydraulics for the boom and bucket will not respond to the controls. He replaced the bushings in the steering and now we can't figure out what happen. He thinks somehow a wire got broken. Anybody got any ideas. He repaired a grapple bucket for me and when he connected it everything went to crap. I took it to the Bobcat folks and they hadn't figured it out yet. No codes showing. The boom will raise but want go down unless you release the emergency release. The bucket want roll back or dump. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Bobcatdan

Kinda sounds like the aux is stuck on. The other functions will do funny things because the system is going over relief. Try putting a jumper hose on you aux couplers and see if your problem goes away. I don't think your guy did anything to cause this.

Bubba

Occupation
Bobcat check the aux and said was not that. He checked the computer also. Got em all puzzled
Pulled actuator and tried it manually and it still want operate.

Bubba

Occupation
I am not sure how i need to do that. Is this jumper hose live so that the presure from the live source will open a control valve or is it just open to allow relief on the hyd system

Bobcatdan

A chunk of hose with a male coupler on one end and female on the other. Plug it into you aux couplers to create a loop. If you have an auger or other continuous flow attachment, that would do the same thing. What your machine is doing sounds like what one will do with the aux stuck on. Does the machine sould like it is laboring?

Bubba

Occupation
No . Only a weak labor when aux hyd switck onthe thumb switch is pressed in one direction. This is with grapple coupled. This thing worked fine until he coupled the grapple up. The mechanic raise the cab and found some wires that had been spliced from a harness above the hyd reservoir. He wnt to wiggle rhe harness an messing around all those wires and then lowered. The cab and thats when all hydraulics. Stp working.

Bubba

Occupation
Well the local Bobcat Shop finally figured it out. Ithey found dirt in the valve. They replaced the valve and the 2 coils. When the mechanic rebuilt the grapple with new cylinders hoseses and quick connector and when he connected to aux coupler somehow durt got in the valve andplugged it up with trash. I pick it up in the morning and pay the $948.44 what a mess. Pluss 3 weejs diwn for a stupid mistake. Thanks bobcatdan for your reply.

ctheddy

Sounds like dirt dauber nests in that grapple bucket hose... There had to be a lot of dirt somewhere, and that aint good. I would be looking for a new mechanic, the old one just proved to be more expensive than dealership... sorry for your bad luck.