• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat T190 Tracks faster in Reverse... Normal?

CSaley

I recently picked up a 2007 T190 skidsteer. It has 1500 hrs on it. It has had both drive motors replaced, as well as the tracks replaced.

When driving the machine it drives well and calmly in the forward direction. When you go in reverse, top speed is considerably faster, and it is quite noisy. I am not sure if the noise is due to worn sprockets, (one side of each tooth is worn more then the other side).

Regardless, I am just curious if this is normal for the machine to be quite faster in reverse then forward.

As you can tell, this is my first bobcat.

Thanks in advance for any help.

crewchief888

no
it should track at approximately the same speed fwd and reverse.

your steering linkage is probably out of adjustment.

:drinkup

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
:exactly

You probably just need to adjust those links that go from the drive levers to the drive pumps.

CSaley

Another question for you guys...

Sometimes when i first start the machine (cold), pull the seat bar down and go to press the "press to operate" button, nothing happens. One of my buddies was playing around with it and hit the press to operate and the high flow button at the same time it works.. and once you get it to work, itll work correctly all day. Any ideas on this? It has a brand new battery and the machine has 1500 hrs on it.